- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: BFI Publishing (1 Dec. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0851707629
- ISBN-13: 978-0851707624
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 1.5 x 26.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 144,542 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
British Cinema of the 90s (Distributed for British Film Institute) Paperback – 1 Dec 1999
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A meaty and thought-provoking book."--"Sight and Sound
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However the critics that had been picked up were longing for returns to films such as Gandhi (Richard Attenborough 1983) however no one could have perceived that there would be young British directors that wanted there own independent success and notoriety like such American cult directors like Sam Raimi and the Cohen brothers.
This is where the series of essays, commissioned by the British film industry starts. In British cinema of the 90s you don't just have a publication of the best films of the 90s and how great this era was for Britain. Instead you have solid essays and arguments from eighteen contributors ranging from professors at universities, critics and writers for such magazines as sight and sound and of course workers for the bfi. Each essay takes one part of the 90s British films and why its important, its influences or its influenced, each essay is complex and in depth giving a thorough understanding and knowledge.Read more ›