Britax Evolva 1/2/3 is a car seat that truly grows with your child
The Evolva 1/2/3 is an award-winning and ergonomically-designed car seat suitable for children from nine months to 12 years old--the widest age range for any seat of its type.
Britax Evolva 1/2/3 is ideal for:
- Children weighing between 9 and 36kg
- Parents or grandparents who only want to buy one car seat to last a whole childhood
- People who transport children of varying ages
- Cars with 3-point seat belts
Evolva 1-2-3 grows to fit children from approximately 9 months up to 12 years old.
Side Impact Protection provides optimum body protection in the event of a side collision
Chest pads control movement by spreading forces evening over your child’s shoulder and chest, whist providing additional comfort.
Keep Cool Cover with OUTLAST Technology (available separately) regulates your child’s temperature on even the hottest days.
Key features of the Britax Evolva 1/2/3
Seat grows with your child
Initially a Group 1 car seat with integral harness, the Evolva 1/2/3 later converts to a highback booster seat for older children. From 9 kg to 18 kg the seat is used with the integral 5-point harness and from 15 kg to 36 kg the harness stows away and the seat is used with a 3-point seat belt.
The importance of side impact protection
One out of four car accidents is a side collision and side collisions are responsible for 20% of child car crash fatalities, so with this in mind, all Britax seats provide Side Impact Protection. The deeply padded side wings of the Britax Evolva 1/2/3 offer optimum body protection and full head containment. During sleep and rest, they support your child from the sides and help keep your child in the correct position. In the event of a side collision, the side wings absorb the crash energy, reducing the impact on your child.
Five-point harness for a secure position
Britax advocates children remaining in a properly positioned five-point harness for as long as possible. The Evolva 1/2/3 has an integral harness for use with smaller children with five attachment points: two at the shoulder, two at the hips, and one between the legs, ensuring your child remains securely in the seat. The harness can be adjusted with one pull.
Full feature list
This list of all the safety and comfort features should help you decide if the Evolva 1/2/3 is the right car for your child and your requirements.
- Seat grows with the child suitable for use from 9-36 kg (approximately 9 months to 12 years)
- Side Impact Protection with deep, softly padded side wings
- 5-point safety harness with one pull adjustment for children from 9 kg to 18kg
- Performance chest pads
- Seat shape correctly positions lap belt when used as a highback booster seat
- Seat belt guide correctly positions diagonal belt when used as a highback booster seat
- Upright or recline position
- Pull out drink holder and snack tray
- Harness retainers make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Softly padded and washable cover
- Height adjustable headrest and harness easy single handed adjustment
- 3-point seat belt installation
If this car seat does not have all the features you want, why not look at the Britax Car Seat Buying Guide to see which of their other car seats might be more suitable.
Why choose a multi-group car seat?
Multi-group (or combination) car seats are adjustable and grow with the child. Britax has taken multi-group seats to new levels of safety and comfort, so they have become a good choice for many parents, grandparents and those regularly driving children of varying ages.
Since April 2008, the Highway Code has specified that each child who is less than 1.35 meters or younger than 12 must be secured in an appropriate child restraint system which has been successfully tested according to ECE 44/03 or 44/04 standards. A child car seat gives the child a higher sitting position, ensuring the adult seat belt can be positioned correctly across their body.
Is a booster cushion not enough for older children?
Booster cushions are better than nothing, but they offer no side impact protection, which is vital as side collisions account for 20% of fatalities. Britax has stopped selling its booster cushions and are instead recommending highbacked car seats. The Evolva 1/2/3 offers this essential side impact protection for your older child.
Fabric choice to suit all tastes
The Evolva 1/2/3 is fitted with softly padded covers, designed for comfort, practicality and style. The 2011 Evolva-1/2/3 is available in a choice of six covers. Part of the Trend Line range, the Max cover is a classic black--the most popular choice for car seat covers. The cover is easy to clean, being removable and machine washable.
Spare covers are available separately for the Evolva 1/2/3, which you can use when the original is being washed or just to give the seat a new look. For car journeys in hotter weather, you may also want a Summer Cover or a Keep Cool Cover.
Car seat safety essentials
- Never buy a second hand car seat--you cannot know its full history and it may have been weakened or damaged in a previous incident or have parts missing.
- Buy the right car seat for your child's weight--age ranges are just a guideline.
- Move your child up to the next car seat group when they outgrow their current seat, but don’t be in a rush to do this too soon.
- Install the seat according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always use the car seat, even on very short journeys.
Why choose a Britax car seat?
When you buy a Britax car seat, you can be reassured that you are benefiting from over 40 years of experience and innovation in child safety. Britax made its first child car seat in the 1960s and has continued to innovate and influence in this market ever since. In collaboration with VW, Britax developed the ISOFIX system that is now an international standard, as well as creating the first adjustable child seat and the first ever baby carrier specifically for newborn passengers.
Britax’s products are tested to the highest standards and it is one of very few brands to own in-house crash-test systems--the kind used in the automotive industry-–ensuring it provides optimum protection and safety for children. This is one of many reasons that the brand has become a much-appreciated partner of automobile clubs, government agencies and other transport-related institutions. Beyond this, Britax listens to its customers and feeds their experiences into future product developments, so that their car seats and travel systems meet real-life needs.