A car seat that truly grows with your child
The Britax Evolva 1-2-3 Plus is an ergonomically-designed car seat that adapts to the changing needs of a growing child. The seat is suited for children weighing between 9 and 36 kg, making it ideal for parents or grandparents who only want to buy one car seat to last a whole childhood, people who transport children of varying ages, and those with cars featuring three-point seatbelt systems.
Initially a Group 1 car seat with integral harness, the Evolva 1-2-3 Plus later converts to a high-back booster seat for older children. From 9 to 18 kg the seat is used with the integral five-point harness, and from 15 to 36 kg the harness stows away and the seat is used with a three-point seatbelt.
The importance of side impact protection
Side collisions account for one out of four car accidents and 20% of child car crash fatalities, so all Britax car seats provide side impact protection. The deeply padded side wings of the Evolva 1-2-3 Plus offer optimum body protection and full head containment. During sleep and rest, they support your child from the sides and help keep your child in the correct position. In the event of a side collision, the side wings absorb the crash energy, reducing the impact on your child.
Chest pads control movement by spreading force evenly over your child's shoulders and chest, whist providing additional comfort.
Five-point harness for a secure position
Britax advocates children remaining in a properly positioned five-point harness for as long as possible. The Evolva 1-2-3 Plus has an integral harness for use with smaller children with five attachment points: two at the shoulder, two at the hips, and one between the legs, ensuring your child remains securely in the seat. The harness can be adjusted with one pull.
Additional comfort and safety features
The Evolva 1-2-3 Plus has all the benefits of the Evolva 1-2-3 car seat, but with additional comfort and safety features. It features the Click & Safe audible harness system, which is designed to aid you when securing your child in the seat, and also has a quick-remove cover, which can be taken off without disturbing the harness, avoiding the need for a re-fit.
Keep Cool Cover with OUTLAST technology (available separately) regulates your child's temperature on even the hottest days.
Why choose a multi-group car seat?
Multi-group (or combination) car seats are adjustable and grow with the child. Britax has taken multi-group seats to new levels of safety and comfort, so they have become a good choice for many parents, grandparents, and those regularly driving children of varying ages.
Since April 2008, the Highway Code has specified that every child who is less than 1.35 metres tall, or younger than 12 years old, must be secured in an appropriate child restraint system which has been successfully tested according to ECE 44/03 or 44/04 standards. A car seat gives the child a higher sitting position, ensuring the adult seatbelt can be positioned correctly across their body.
Is a booster cushion not enough for older children?
Booster cushions are better than nothing, but they offer no side impact protection, which is vital as side collisions account for 20 per cent of fatalities. Britax has stopped selling its booster cushions and are instead recommending high-backed car seats. The Evolva 1-2-3 Plus offers this essential side impact protection for your older child.
Features of the Evolva 1-2-3 Plus
- Grows with your child; suitable for use between 9 and 36 kg (approximately 9 months to 12 years)
- Side impact protection with deep softly-padded side wings
- Click & Safe audible harness system designed to aid you when securing your child in the seat
- Five-point harness for children weighing 9 to 18 kg
- Performance chest pads to spread force and provide extra comfort
- Seatbelt guide correctly positions diagonal belt when used as a high-back booster seat for older children
- Seat shape correctly positions lap belt when used as a booster seat
- Belly Pad for your child's comfort
- Upright and recline position settings
- Pull-out drink holder and snack tray
- Harness retainers make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Quick-remove cover which does not interfere with the harness
- Softly-padded and washable cover
- Height-adjustable headrest and harness with easy single-handed adjustment mechanism
- Three-point seatbelt installation
Car seat safety essentials
- Never buy a second-hand car seat – you can not know its full history, and it may have been weakened or damaged in a previous incident or have parts missing
- Buy the right car seat for your child's weight – age ranges are just guidelines
- Move your child up to the next car seat group when they outgrow their current seat, but don't rush to do this too soon
- Install the seat according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Always use the car seat, even on very short journeys
Fabric choice to suit all tastes
The Evolva 1-2-3 Plus is fitted with softly-padded covers designed for comfort, practicality, and style. The car seat is available in a choice of covers, all of which are made from soft-touch fabric for extra comfort, and they are removable and machine washable which makes them easy to clean.
Spare covers are available separately for the Evolva 1-2-3 Plus, which you can use while the original is being washed or just to give the seat a new look. For car journeys in hotter weather, you may also want a Summer Cover or a Keep Cool Cover.
When you buy a Britax car seat, you can be reassured that you are benefitting from over 40 years of experience and innovation in child safety. Britax's products are tested to the highest standards, and it is one of very few brands to own in-house crash-test systems – the kind used in the automotive industry – ensuring it provides optimum protection and safety for children. Beyond this, Britax listens to its customers and feeds their experiences into future product developments, so that their car seats and travel systems meet real-life needs.