Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jun 2008 13:11:39 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 30 Jan 2010 16:13:22 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2008 11:25:54 BDT
James Rose says:
I'd wait till you actually read the book to see if the name has any relevance, i'm sure that Paolini didnt just pull it out of a hat! As for the cover, the synopsis explains there will be a death, maybe the black signifies that, and as it the gold dragon, i'm sure it will have something to do with Oromis.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2008 16:36:02 BDT
R. J. Led says:
well if i can remeber the other books correctly, there is one dragon stone left, n its gold, so thats y the gold dragon

as for the name, i was expecting empire, as the other two began with E and were six letters, and the title would fit, but as james said we sould wait and read the book, it may make sense

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2008 16:08:33 BDT
R. B. Cowman says:
The remaining egg is green not gold

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2008 13:24:59 BDT
The word Brisingr is used i the first book when Brom is teaching Eragon about magic. Brisingr is the word in the ancient language for Fire

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2008 13:19:56 BDT
I actually think the name BRISINGR is a good title for the book. Yes the word was used to make fire from Brom, and Eragon used the spell many times to kill Urgals. But we also have to remember that BRISINGR means fire and what do Dragons breath.....? The second book ELDEST was leading into this new book really well. We now know there are more Dragons. Even his one time friend Murtagh, who is really his older brother has a Dragon now and if fighting for the other side. I can see a big Dragon fight. Loads of fire!!!!!!!!! Bring it on....;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2008 13:23:07 BDT
I actually think the name BRISINGR is a good title for the book. Yes the word was used to make fire from Brom, and Eragon used the spell many times to kill Urgals. But we also have to remember that BRISINGR means fire and what do Dragons breath.....? The second book ELDEST was leading into this new book really well. We now know there are more Dragons. Even his one time friend Murtagh, who is really his older brother has a Dragon now and if fighting for the other side. I can see a big Dragon fight. Loads of fire!!!!!!!!! Bring it on....;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2008 12:25:13 BDT
Becca says:
Errr..why are there two different covers (one side view and one looking at you)?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2008 14:24:40 BDT
C. Bailey says:
On the point of leading into, and continuity, was anyone remotely disappointed by the staggering inevitability of the end of eldest? I think by about halfway through I had resigned myself to the ending and "revelation" that had been coming since Eragon.

Got to read this because, and it pains me to say this, its so bad that I need to find out if it can get any worse... :P

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2008 21:37:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2008 21:44:12 BDT
1: the two covers are two versions, spanish and english, I think the spanish one is better, the one looking at you
2:The gold dragon is Oromis' dragon, (Glaedr)
3: Brisingr IS a good name
(from an 11 year old boy)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2008 17:29:11 BDT
K. Graham says:
i reckon that the brisingr name has a lot of significance, it was the first word he learnt, maybe he has to go back 2 basics.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2008 18:06:41 BDT
S. Hammell says:
maybe because brisingr means fire it means there is going to be alot of fire and destruction in it

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2008 17:28:01 BDT
blah says:
maybe he discovers new ways to use words, like brom explained to him in Eragon about how a master can say the word for water and make a gemstone

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2008 00:09:57 BDT
bookfairy says:
Brisingr is awesome!

iv just finished reading it.
i think the title was awesome, the cover was awesome! its all awesome!

lol im a lover of the brisingr book =D

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2009 16:20:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jan 2009 16:22:58 GMT
Well, book 1 theres a blue dragon - Sapphira
book 2 theres a red dragon - Thorn (Murtaghs dragon)
book 3 theres a gold dragon - bit obvious? Oromis dragon Glader who is gold funny enough.

Read the books dammit!

PS. i really love these books, and i think Brisingr is a good name. it has a lot of significance in the story.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  10 Jun 2008
Latest post:  18 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Brisingr
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Hardcover - 30 Sep 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (219)