Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 October 2013
I bought this book as I am starting to write my dissertation. I must say, it's a fantastic book for brushing up on punctuation and grammar skills. Very easy to read too - not too wordy and explains everything easily. Would highly recommend.
on 30 September 2009
This book is exactly what it says on the cover - brilliant! It's fully comprehensive, covering everything from punctuation to improving your writing style. I particularly like the way the information is set out in a concise and very accessible way, and the graphics really make their point. The bit about the apostrophe, for example, is just fantastic - you couldn't ever get it wrong again! The examples of students' writing are obviously real, and I was impressed because they included science essays as well as arts subjects like English and History. I would say it was an indispensable guide for anyone moving up to writing at university level and finding it a bit daunting.
on 1 September 2010
If you have ever wondered about how to use an apostrophe this is the book for you (seriously the price is worth it for this section alone!). It is packed with tips and advice that will improve your writing and help you to communicate your ideas clearly and with style. I wish I had had this book when I was at university (some years ago now!) but I bought it for my son and he is has found it invaluable when writing his essays. Highly recommended. Buy it - you will not be disappointed.
on 23 September 2013
Great little book for taking along with you. Helps recap students with basic, but often forgotten, grammar skills. Would recommend for all university students
on 17 January 2013
l gave this book a 5 star rating because it gave good examples and easy to follow instructions,put right the little niggles about grammar.
on 5 March 2014
A compact guide you can easily carry with you and keep in your bag, good advice found it to be a very useful guide
on 2 July 2014
Currently doing an Access Course and this little book has been really helpful, I know it will continue to be useful at Uni :)
on 18 August 2014
I have dyslexia and purchased this when doing my degree. It really helped clarify punctuation, which helped boost mt grades.
on 3 March 2015
My my daughters at Uni found this little book useful .. one now has an English literature degree and now doing a Shakespeare Masters the other doing a phycology degree .. they have both got some very useful information .
on 30 May 2015
Excellent product- exactly what I expected -very happy with the quality- packed well -delivered quickly-thank you