From the Back Cover
When you're working on your PC and come up against a problem that you're unsure how to solve or want to accomplish something in an application that you aren't sure how to do, where do you look? Manuals and traditional training guides are too unwieldy and make it hard to get to the info you need right away, and helplines are rarely that helpful! Brilliant guides allow you to find the info you need easily and without fuss and guide you through the task using a highly visual, step-by-step approach - providing exactly what you need to know, when you need it.
Spend less time reading and more time doing, with a simple step-by-step approach to beginner and intermediate level office tasks
Brilliant guides provide the quick, easy-to-access information that you need...
- Now in accessible full colour design throughout
- Detailed index and troubleshooting guide to help you find exactly what you need to know
- Each task is presented on one or two pages
- Numbered steps guide you through each task or problem
- Numerous screenshots illustrate each step
- "See Also..." boxes point you to related tasks and information in the book
- "Did you Know...?" sections alert you to relevant expert tips, tricks and advice
Brilliant Windows Vista will show you how to...
- Master the Windows Vista user experience, including Windows Aero
- Manage files and information using Windows Vista programs and Sidebar gadgets
- Create your own movies, slideshows and DVDs
- Protect your computer from Internet or network intruders
- Rip, manage and play digital music and video
- Explore the Internet, send email and instant messages and publish calendars on the web
- Customize, fine-tune and administer Windows Vista
- Set up multiple users and parental controls
- Perform Instant searches to quickly find files and programs
Steve Johnson has written more than 35 books on a variety of computer software and is a founder of Perspection, Inc., which is committed to providing information and training to help people use software more effectively. Since 1991, they have written more than 80 computer books and sold more than 5 million copies.
About the Author
Steve Johnson has written more than 35 books on a variety of computer software, including Office, Windows, Mac OS X, Photoshop and Flash. In 1991, after working for Apple Computer and Microsoft, Steve founded Perspection, Inc. Perspection has written more than 80 computer books and sold more than 5 million copies.