on 18 November 2013
Needed a new rice cooker after my Tefal one stopped functioning. The closest match was this. Great sleek design. Love the steam extractor, which is part of the lid. My old one had a little perspex condensation collector, which broke the first day i got it. Easy to use. Great price. Looks fantastic in my kitchen.
on 6 November 2013
Arrived on time,packed nicely,and what a pleasure to make perfect rice withy no worries and no need to watch or listen to audible signals,great.
on 8 November 2014
Fantastic product! I was really skeptical when I bought this, as I have had a rice cooker before (though not one with a pressurised lid like this one) and it was messy and still took as long as cooking rice on the hob.

However, I am very pleased to say that this cooker by Breville has completely changed my view! It is brilliant. I mostly cook short grain brown rice and risotto, and this cooks it perfectly. For the brown rice, it took a couple of tries to get the timings right, as although you press the "Risotto" button as recommended for brown rice in the manual, it actually takes a whole risotto cycle and then usually another 10 - 15 mins after that (if you prefer more glutinous sticky rice). So I started letting it cook through one cycle and then hitting the "Risotto" button again and leaving it for another 10 mins, then just pressing "Cancel" and letting it stand for another 5 minutes. Perfect sticky brown rice every time. The vegetable steamer also works wonderfully, I often cook the rice and add the vegetable tray after the rice has been cooking for around 10 mins...the veg always come out perfect, not too hard and not too soft. If steaming the veg on their own, depending on what you're steaming (I tend to just throw everything in together), 15-20 minutes is around the best cooking time.

The cooker is fairly large, larger than what I was expecting. As I cook just for myself, its overly large for my needs, but I am happy knowing that when I have guests over for dinner this will easily cope with the quantities of rice I'll be making. Its plenty big enough to cook for a large family.

The manual is straightforward (and comes with some recipes which sound pretty good, not to mention versatile), and the cooker itself very easy to use. The pressurised lid is the best part for me - no more sticky water splattering all over the place like with my previous cooker (or cooking on the hob). It feels very sturdy and safe to use, and taking the steam vent out to clean it every now and again is quick and simple. It also has a small plastic container on the side with the lid hinge, which catches any water drips when you open the lid - very well thought out!

As for cooking times - I have to confess I haven't actually timed it, as the joy of this product has been putting everything in to cook, pressing a button, wandering off to do other things and leaving it until it beeps. Even though I've not timed it, it doesn't feel like I've had to wait all that long before it starts beeping, and I'm pretty sure it cooks the brown rice much faster than if I did it on the hob. And no mess!

Now for the downsides....none (that I can find as of yet!)

Overall, for the price (which initially I thought was a little on the expensive side - around £47) I have to say that its been a fantastic product to use, and I would definitely buy it again. I would recommend anyone considering buying a rice cooker to invest in one with a pressurised lid at the very least - the hassle and mess it saves is well worth the extra cost in itself. The fact that you can cook risotto or pasta and steam vegetables at the same time is an added bonus. Excellent all round.
on 11 July 2014
This isn't a state of the art rice cooker, but it doesn't have a state of art price. I have used the rice and steamer functions, and both have worked well, following the reasonably clear instructions. I also simmered down some rhubarb on the saute programme. It looks and feels good quality, and the outside doesn't get overly hot. There is a clever plastic cup built into the hinge, which collects all the steam, so no more rattling lid, puddles on the worktop, or wet underneaths of cupboards.

It would have been nice to have advice as to the length of time and temperatures of the various programmes, to allow easier experimenting with it as an electric cooker. It would also be nice to have a handle or lip, to allow easier removal of the hot bowl so cooked food can be cooled more quickly. An extra lid for the bowl once it is removed would also be handy.

It is missing some of the functions of the more expensive ones eg slow cooking, porridge. But if I have a casserole, I like to be able to cook some of my meal separately - extra vegetables, rice or pasta.So one more expensive machine which can do everything but only one at a time, and needing to wash the bowl in between, wouldn't suit me. I had a previous model from Breville and it lasted over 6 years of very regular use.
on 1 May 2014
This is an excelent product no hassle and very simple to use would highly recommend this .rice comes out perfect
on 8 August 2014
The aram was not much helpful than thought and this was a bigger cooker than I was expecting. I experienced switching off while steaming several times. When I tried to have it replaced the supplier asked me to pay the delivery charges. Ended up keeping it as too much of work having it replaced.
on 18 August 2015
I've had this for a little while, couple months, and we use it all the time in our house. My only issue is the cable has gotten a bit loose at the plug in so I have to wiggle it a bit in the back of the cooker to get it to turn on.
on 16 June 2014
perhaps mine was faulty, but it didn't switch to keep warm, just kept on going till the rice was solid and stuck to the pan. I really didn't want a gadget I had to stand over constantly checking so have returned it
on 14 July 2014
This is a very good rice cooker, one little issue is the lid doesn't come off to clean it, but i guess that seals better for cooking, in general very happy with it so far.
on 16 September 2014
One of the best kitchen appliances I've bought. Cooks my rice to perfection everytime, without me having to worry about whether a pan on the hob is boiling dry.