on 7 May 2014
I'm comparing this with the ESP Nighthawk LED floodlight which I have the PIR version of and which I had intended to replace with this slave floodlight.

This has the same lumens output but the light appears more widely spread than the Nighthawk. For a large area this might be better but for my small yard there is too much light lighting the neighbouring trees. Struggling to understand the product description "bunched ray of light".

The mounting base seems to me to unnecessarily large. Plasticy and torsionally quite flimsy. Unsuited to harled walls, perhaps not common in Germany where the product was "engineered". A feature of this product is the "easy to mount" feature of the lamp onto the wired base. Working from below at the extent of my ladder I did not find it "easy" to engage the button on top. The feature seems unnecessary for what is, on lamp life, a fit once and forget product.

The screw which secures the lamp to the base is small and fiddly and went AWOL temporarily. Both ESP and Steinel have much larger screws. The oval fixing bushes are not milled out, just another required installation task to negate any installation time savings resulting from the "easy mounting" feature. The flange heads of the provided screws do not allow much movement adjustment within the fixing bush. Waterproof screw covers are not provided. Not convinced the designer has spent much time installing.

The styling is of a boxy like it or loathe it appearance which looks overlarge at the recommended mounting height. Somehow I don't think I'll get to like it.

Price wise it sits between the Nighthawk NightHawk NH-150 Low Energy LED Security Flood Light and the Steinel Steinel XLED Home 1 Slave Outdoor Floodlight, Black and about the same price as the Timeguard Timeguard LED200FLB Twin LED Floodlight - Black with its unique twin heads. Can't see any reason not to prefer the Nighthawk or the Timeguard on nearly all counts or the Steinel at a price for impeccable German design and quality.

There is also this similar product which arguably is of neater appearance Mightylite 15W LED Floodlight Black

Note that the product listing photograph is correct but the "sensor" description is wrong. This is a slave floodlight without sensor. I have this as a slave with a different LED floodlight. In comparison this products displays a very annoying approximately 0.5s delay in lighting. Reminds me of Corporal Jones coming to attention.

Not my favourite LED floodlight in what is a quite an innovative sector.