on 9 April 2013
Whilst Demon hunting May not be an original idea, this book is like a breath of fresh air unlike many books of this genre it doesn't feel like there's going to be a problem for the characters on every page you turn. There's plenty of humor, action and every day situations that make this book feel almost like it could possibly be real and not fantasy.

Breed of Innocence follows Jade Hall, she's quick witted, intelligent and can kick some serious ass she's also an orphan, due to her father dying when she was a child and then her Mother and Brother due to a demon attack. Which also happens to be the first time she comes face to face with a demon, sadly for her but great for us it's not the last time either.

When we first meet jade she's living in a group home run by 'fish face' a sour old hag until one day she's approached by men in dark suit's and glasses who confirm what everyone denied, the truth that demons do exist. One of the men Director Greene explains that there is a organisation called the CGE who train people like jade to become professional demon hunters. Along the way we meet various other people, linc who becomes Jade's best friend, Doc who as you may have guess is a doctor and friend of Jades, Peter one of the agents who approached her to start with and Felicia the main rival of Jade and Lincs at the CGE, she has a mean attitude and doesn't try to hide it.

This is most certainly a story that's hard to put down, it keeps you interested, it keeps you on edge and it makes you laugh...often. And even though there are some minor issues with the story (lack of info on the world outside of the CGE and it's not 100% clear that it's set in the future straight away) these are easily overlooked when there's so much that keep's you hooked.

A must read for any fan of fan of YA/fantasy and Lanie Jordan is 100% someone to keep your eye out for. Brilliant book.
on 2 September 2012
Two years ago Jade's family was killed by a monster, not a human who does despicable things but a real monster, a Demon. She has spent the last two years being shuffled between foster families and group homes whilst secretly trying to find the Demon that ruined her life. When a secret organization called the CGE offers Jade the chance to be trained as a real demon hunter and eventually go after the one that killed her family she jumps at the opportunity.

With classes like Demonology and Combat, Demon hunting school is nothing like a regular school and Jade is going to have to work very hard if she wants to catch up to the other students in phase 1 and pass at the same time. As well as Demon hunting, the CGE offers some other things that jade hasn't known for a long time such as friendship, a place to belong, and possibly even a little love.

The characters are fantastic; Jade is smart, tough and fiery and makes the perfect protagonist whilst Linc is her perfect match, still tough but a lot calmer and more controlled. Even the smaller characters are well written and interesting from smart Doc to ruthless and aggressive Felecia and finally Director Greene who definitely has a secret or two up his sleeve.

Breed of Innocence is a great book and a good start to the series, with an engaging plot and the occasional shocking twist that will have you gasping. This book is an action packed journey of self-discovery with Jade slowly learning that there is more to life - and Demon hunting - than just revenge. I am looking forwards to the next book in The Breed Chronicles and seeing how Jade does in phase 2 of her training.

*This book was provided to me my the author for an honest review, this has not affected the review in any way*
on 13 June 2013
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!

**received the book free from the Lovers of Paranormal group for an honest review

I have wanted to read this book because my mom really liked it when she read it a month or two ago, so when the chance came up to read it I jumped :) because we generally like the same books :) And I loved it!! I was sucked straight into the story and Jade's life. Jade has a heart breaking back story and tough life, but she is a tough and strong heroine you quickly bond with as trouble keeps stalking her. It is an exciting action packed story that I couldn't put down. There was NO boring first bookness that sometimes occurs with a new series. You have high school issues with bullying, fights, demonology class, weapons, secrets, freedom, demons, new friends, did I say secrets and so much more.

I recommend to all YA paranormal lovers because it is fantastic. I bought my own copy of the kindle boxed set, and I am going to buy it in paperback for my classroom library to share with my students....the responsible ones who I think will bring it back anyway ; ) It is a must read!! Loved it, now I'm going to start book 2. YAY!!!
on 5 September 2015
great start to what promises to be a really good series. have bought the next book in the series and l am really looking forward to reading it.
on 4 July 2014
Great start to what seems to be a really good series. Can't wait to read book 2. I like something different and Kit is certainly that.