on 20 June 2014
Oh boy do I love this series. The Assassins give me happy dreams! I just love Phillip he is a tough ice hockey player on the rink, a tough guy who can play on after having his teeth knocked out, yet can be romantic and kind when his lady has PMT! He stepped up to the mark to raise his niece and I'd he was my uncle I'd be delighted! Reece made love difficult for them both but I love her sass and independence the perfect traits in a leading lady.
I could go on and on about how amazing this book is but I won't. Thank you Toni for yet another fantastic story with characters who have stolen my heart. Keep up the good work!!
on 10 June 2014
I have a predictably, wonderful romance-addict confession; I am unable to resist and will always look out for a steamy, sexy, sports-related romance. I also don't mind admitting that books in this genre, namely the 'Assassin series' written by Toni Aleo make me almost certifiably crazy, they are that good. This book has it all and it's the type of novel that as soon as I started reading it I just knew I'd be exited to review about it. Books like 'Breaking away' are easy to fall in love with and I'm almost certain that most other readers will agree. If you are familiar with this series and didn't have a favourite from the assassins team before then I can say with confidence that you will now, Phillip Anderson is everything a fictional character should be and more and I'm happily in hero heaven right now. Readers, you are in for a romantic treat.

What's it all about?
Reese Allen is a passionate, determined and focused business woman, her life as a professional dancer is where she is able to give her all, after leaving her heart in New York with who she thought was the love of her life, her priority now lies with protecting herself from ever falling for the same mistakes and lies again. Happy to enjoy the opposite sex has never been an issue for her troubled heart, especially when she knows she usually gets what she wants. Hockey star, Phillip Anderson has worked hard to move away from a painful past and difficult childhood but when the family experience a tragedy, he finds himself the carer of his angry sixteen your old niece, Claire. Claire has only one desire; to dance away her problems and fight away any attempt her uncle has to show that he loves her. Soon enough Phillip and Reece's lives cross paths when Claire's dancing talent is uncovered and they begin a journey of just one night of passion together but when they start to feel more for each other than just attraction they both have to decide whether or not they are able to say goodbye to the hurtful past and try a love that could be forever or say goodbye to a life-changing love and each other.

What did I love the most?
I first discovered Toni Aleo when I started reading on my treasured kindle, purely by chance I added the first book in the assassins series and promptly fell in love with Shea Adler and the rest of the assassins team. Since then I feel feel like I am always waiting impatiently for this authors releases and I have become a huge fan of Toni Aleo and her sexy, romantic novels. Mrs Aleo certainly perfected her dirty imagination writing this book, the heat levels were definitely turned up and set to blazing hot. Each 'breaking away', chapter was awarded with multiple orgasms and I think it's safe to say that this hero needs an award for his talented mouth. Everything about this book appealed perfectly to my reading tastes, there was some low level angst, panty ripping hot action, heart pumping romance, great story telling, heart warming reconciliations, great sports action and much more. As for the characters well I feel like I'm part of the assassin family now and as each novel develops we also get to see the developing relationships of past characters and I have to admit I don't want to ever say goodbye to this addictive series and the characters that I have grown to love. As for Phillip and Reese well there was no disappointment here for me I really enjoyed reading about them both and yes, Phillip Anderson was every inch the lady killer that I thought he was going to be in fact Toni Aleo far exceeded my 'assassin hero' expectations and I may have to crown him favourite character overall. Reece had her moments of self doubt and questionable decisions but overall I loved her strength and snark, she's a leading lady that gave our sports hero a run for his money and I loved how once again Toni got me wrapped up in her assassins tale of love. Great writing style, winsome characters and plenty of bed time, day time in fact any time action, Toni either has a wickedly naughty imagination or a husband that keeps her very happy either way I loved the sexy, swooned at the romance and once again I'm left with an anticipation of what this author will do next.

Final thoughts ...
I can't quite believe or imagine that there are readers out there who love this genre and have not fallen in love with a Toni Aleo story. This authors books are laced with passion, true to life drama, and enough delicious heroes to keep most of female population smiling. I can't recommend this series enough to readers who love this genre and I like to thank Toni for my new found appreciation for men on the ice. 'Breaking away' will be a delight to those that love this series and those readers that have yet to meet the team what are you waiting for? Go grab this book on release day, enjoy ..
on 18 June 2014
I loved all the books in this series and Breaking away didn't disappoint. Good chemistry between the characters and was lovely to see Reese's nicer qualities. Just loved Reese, Phillip (wow) and Claire. It was also nice to catch up with Harper. the banter between the players is hilarious. Well done Toni Aleo great job!
on 17 June 2014
This is such a brilliant series. Each book is so enjoyable. Each focuses on one couple but incorporates all the players and women that make up the Assassins Family. This is Phillip and Reece's story. Enjoy.
on 23 June 2014
another cracking story! God did Reese bust his balls.an unexpected story line that was written so well. look forward to the next as always,just please don't make me wait too long x
on 15 June 2014
Another great story from Toni....worth the wait and nice to see others from the Assassin ever-growing family! Hope there's more to come.Thanks again
on 3 December 2014
I love the whole series of Assassins books, and I was lucky that I didn't discover them until recently, so I had the 6 books to devour! Hurrah! This one is as good as all the rest - maybe the hero (Philip) is a bit more fabulous as he is a really good guy, once he decides to grow up, which fortunately happens pretty early on in the book. Good story, good characters and a chance to see what the stars of the previous books are getting up to, which is the great things about a series.
on 5 July 2014
I really love this series and have read every book. Good storyline and well written. In this book though I found that The sex scenes were overkill. After the first three or so became bored and skimmed over the scenes. Perhaps there were too many of them and the focus to develop the relationship should have been earlier in the book. That aside I'm looking forward to the book in this series.
on 12 June 2014
This book is is so exciting you can't put it down. You will so love this series from Toni you fall in love with all the characters. Reese was the perfect match for Philip she was hard on him but he was the one to break them walls down for her. He showed her real love and affection that's what she needed. I need A Very Hockey Holiday and Laces and Lace ASAP please :)
on 12 June 2014
Another book including all the past players focusing on Phillip and Reese. A great story line. Although this isn't at the forefront of my mind when purchasing a book, I cannot help but comment that these books are priced very reasonably.
Well worth a read as are all the other assassins books.