Beyond the stellar coverage of the field, the practical advice is sparkling... Adams has all the answers. -- ComputerUser.com, October 2003 (Nadine Cruit)
This is a great book... encyclopedic in scope... and helpful to those who want to make it happen. -- Toronto Globe and Mail, June 16, 2003 (Andrew Allentuck)
From the Back Cover
"Ernest Adams has been around the gaming block many times; his industry insights coupled with the developer war stories should give any aspirant that extra edge to break into the game industry." --Jason Della Rocca, Program Director, International Game Developers Association
Practical Advice for Landing the Job You Want!
Join the fun! Learn how to become part of the excitement and creativity of game development--one of the hottest and most profitable industries today. Author, game designer, and producer Ernest Adams takes you inside the game industry, then delivers an action plan for you to break in--even without any game industry experience. Get great career advice and learn the different jobs that are available. Whether you're a curious gamer, a student, or a career changer seeking immediate help, this handy guide provides the information and insider advice you need to land a job in the game industry.
- Learn how a game is built and published
- Understand and acquire the skills you need to get into the industry
- Discover the inner workings of the game business
- Get your foot in the door as a game tester or with other entry-level jobs
- Exercise your creativity as a game designer, artist, producer, or programmer
- Get the right education for the job you want
- Gain insightful advice from more than 20 industry professionals
- Includes hundreds of useful resources for job seekers