Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.27

on 15 November 2014
I was hooked from the blurb and full of excitement as I devoured reading Break Away because Ellie Grace delivered two loveable damaged characters. Olivia rocked for me because she broke away the chains that kept her dependent on her cheating ex- boyfriend, and strived to never put herself in a controlling relationship that gave her false assurances to stick with the safe guy, and Dex whose pain kept him locked to his past plaguing his nightmares, caging his anger in underground fights to dispel the guilt he carried as he pushed happiness further away. With Olivia’s move to Charleston her priority was to stand on her own two feet, start afresh and protect her heart from men. Catching sight of Dex for the first time had Olivia salivating at him until his arrogance and cocky attitude simmered out any desire to get to know him better. Now Dex is definitely flawed, so he throws himself into one night stands as a way to cope with the restraints that hold him captive to his pain, until Olivia’s constant presence and sassiness in his life makes him feel and want things he's denied himself for so long. As Olivia and Dex get to know each other and play the friend zone, the sexual tension becomes intense bringing out an unfamiliar possessiveness in Dex and their need for the other takes over, giving in to their attraction and old wounds begin to heal. This is a fantastic read about self-discovery, finding love, friendship, family, healing, and a sexy alpha male who deserved happiness with the girl who found her way into his heart, delivering along the way sexy hot scenes and some suspense thrown in!
on 10 February 2014
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

“Life is full of pain and heartbreak, conflict and doubt…but there’s also love and passion, joy and laughter… and it’s up and downs along the way make like worth living”

When she catches her fiancé cheating Olivia Mason moves to South Caroline. Having no family she has lost a lot, but she is ready to move on, ready to make a fresh start, ready to make her own choices. Men and relationships are the last thing on her mind until she met Dex Porter the sexy ex marine, underground fighter, who is still-hunted by his time spent in Iraq.

I liked Olivia and Dex they had issues, and fears. Oliver was strong, independent, sweet and feisty. Her past meant that she had been coasting through life, she had fears of abandonment, and her heart is guarded. She doesn’t want to get hurt, and therefore, keeps people at arms length never truly letting anyone in.

“Maybe I had always been a little closed off but I had reason to be”

Dex was rough and sexy may have come across as arrogant at first, but he really is a good guy who was caring, funny and fiercely protective at times. Loved his alpha male side. His past meant that he didn't do relationships, He uses fighting, woman and alcohol to numb out his pain, and block out the demons that still consume him.

“In the light of the day. I could hide from my ghost, but the reprieve was only temporary. As soon as I drifted to sleep, they would chase me down again”

The storyline; it was emotional, sexy funny, not too high on the drama. Told from Olivia and Dex’s POV meant I was able to get to understand their fears, their vulnerability, and feel their emotions, also reasons behind their hesitation to be more that just friends even though they are drawn to each other.

“We were both anchored to the past, hunted by our own regrets and unable to move forward or let go”

“If Olivia caught a glimpse of what was beneath the surface, it would only send her running”

“I found myself graving towards him whenever he was around. I wasn’t in denial: I knew that I was attracted to him, I mean who wouldn’t be? By I also knew I couldn’t go there”

I like watching their relationship developed, the way they try to fight their attraction they have for each other, and the way they open up to each other as their walls slowly come down. Olivia and Dex may have found in each other someone who could make them stronger. Someone who could help them heal, and move forward with their lives. It was both moving and touching at times to read.

“There was something about her that both captivated me and made me feel comfortable. There was no expectation or judgment with her, and it put me at ease.”

“Sometimes all it takes is finding something to fight for”

Overall Break Away, was another enjoyable quick read from Ellie Grace, I liked her writing style engaging from the start. The story flow well I liked the way Ellie made her characters develop throughout the book. Great secondary characters such as Dex’s sister Amy and his best friend Tate both great supports for Olivia and Dex. I would read a story about them. It was nice to see Nora and Jack back character from the first book This Time around, and see a snippet of what was going on in their lives.

The ending was good, no cliffhanger, but I will say my only slight disappoint was the epilogue. I love my epilogues, and I want them big, ones that as I swap the last page I’m left with a big fat grin on my face, and with this one I liked it, but I wanted more, to see more into Olivia and Dex’s future. However, with that being said I would recommend that you Add Break Away to your TBR list, and if you haven’t read This Time around I would also add that one too. I look forward to reading Ellie next book.
on 14 February 2014
Amazing storyline,olivia left her life behind when she caught her fiance cheating on her,she moved away nowere to live or work she found place to stay & two jobs.she met cocky playing sex,he iritated her she didn't like his attitude to women.hes had a traumatic time in marines he's got guilty conscious not saving his friend teddy,hes having a nightmares & only person who keeps them @ bay is olivia.they started spending more Time together just as friends turned into more.they fell in love with each other.her past come back to haunt her dex would do anything to protect her.he couldn't protect teddy but he would protect woman he loves.
on 7 May 2014
The beginning of this was written in quite a stilted way with the writer making points very obviously. If you sort of skip this instructional, MAKE SURE the reader knows every single thing (told twice at least), then underneath it's a good story e.g. we know who Nora is...
Anyway Olivia has a useless albeit, rich boyfriend who cheats on her. She rushes to Charleston to get away as she's always felt connected to the place and there she meets Dex, a former marine who is having a hard time recovering from being in Iraq.
Their journeys intertwine well.
Suitable for older readers due to content.
on 24 February 2014
i loved this book it went beyond my expectations i really liked that Olivia left to find herself, it's just a beautiful story of two people falling in love.
The characters were very interesting and the plot easy to read.
Amazing job Ellie

"Family is important, there's no doubt about that. But not all family is related by blood. Sometimes, the strongest bonds we have are the ones we form along the way. That being said, it's important to know where we come from. Often times, we have to look back before we can really move forward."
on 12 April 2014
I love Dex. I love Olivia. I loved this book.

I started reading this book this afternoon and I have to say, finishing it was bittersweet. I was so glad to have gotten to the end and for it to be the way I wanted it to end, but at the same time I had gotten so caught up in their story I was so disappointed that I'd reached the end.

After Nora and Jake, I was thrilled that Dex and Olivia had the same kind of pull to the pages. I loved it. Read it.
on 29 June 2014
Loved this story and the follow on from This Time Around. (Though you do not need to have read the first to enjoy this one.)

Of course Dex is flawed and there are a couple of points where I wondered if he was worthy (hence only 4 not 5 stars as i need to love the leading man) but the story flows and the characters are engaging. Well worth a read if you love a happily ever after ending!
on 11 November 2015
This book started off really good but it unfortunately became too predictable and the story was not believable. I kept reading hoping that it will get better but in the end I skip some of the ending.
on 6 November 2014
This was so much better than first.. Loved all the action and think what made a better read to the first was that the characters just seemed a lot more fun.. I laughed and cried.. Xx
on 15 March 2014
I loved this book. It's well written and the characters where amazing. It was a quick light read that left me wanting to know more. I will definitely look out for this author again