Style Name: M-60b|Change

on 8 July 2011
I think this is a nice bit of kit. I have had it now for a couple of months and use it occasionally. I had planned to use it camping, but so far have not been away under canvass.
It is neatly designed - big enough to hold and use comfortably - I like the way the cover folds around the shaver -neat design. It seems economic on batteries, whilst I have not used it a great deal, I am still on the original set. As to quality of shave - it is not as good as a blade, but it is as good as any other electric shaver I have ever used.
Summary, Good price, handy, reasonable shave. I recommend it.
on 6 September 2013
I already have two of the older discontinued 370 model, with which I've been very content for years. This one is more strongly made and very comfortable in use. It's also quieter in operation. The washability is a bonus. I'm not so sure about the slide-out trimmer - it works fine but I'm used to the flip-up design of the older model. The foil on this new model is fractionally narrower than the previous design but more rounded in profile. The switch is a little stiff to operate but may ease up in time.

Although this little battery shaver is probably intended for occasional use I'm happy to use it every day. In conjunction with some pre-electric lotion it provides an absolutely perfect shave and makes me wonder why anyone bothers with expensive mains-powered shavers.
on 11 June 2012
It does as good a job as many more expensive shavers, so I'm pleased with it. Yes, there are limitations, as other reviewers have said. I'd just like to point out that:
- It's easy to clean
- It's waterproof, so you can use it in the shower
- Batteries last about a month
- You've got to use Duracell, or similar quality batteries. Cheap batteries just don't work (well, it buzzes in a half-hearted way, but there's not a lot in the way of shaving).
To be honest, I'm so pleased with it, I've started using it as my main shaver.
on 25 July 2011
I love this shaver, it's so quirky with it's fold-over locking device and the twist-lift batteries compartment.The only minus thing about it and I say this after reading reviews about it prior to me purchasing, is that the foil cannot be replaced which is amazing to me. Why design and produce something which is quite unique and good with no replacement parts available - absolutely bonkers ! I bought it because I liked the look of it and hopefully it will last me for quite some time.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2012
This is the 3rd Braun of this type I've had. It is the best! Reasonably close shave; better than the previous two. Quieter and quicker too. BTW, if you're wondering whether to go for the blue or black, note that the blue does not have the trimmer. Doesn't bother me as I rarely used it on the other ones.
Style Name: M-90|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using Braun shavers since I first grew enough facial hair to justify one (actually probably slightly before that moment) and I've always found them well-designed and very reliable, I've never had to replace one because it broke or wore out, only because I wanted the newest features. The PocketGo M90 keeps up the Braun design standard with some clever design touches - the foil-guard keeps the foil protected but also locks the shaver switch, the supplied cleaning brush is stowed in the base of the shaver so you never lose it and the sideburn trimmer, although small and a bit tricky to use, is a nice inclusion in such a small and affordable shaver.

The shave you get is surprisingly good too, rivalling an entry-level shaver, although it does miss some stray hairs and you might need to go over areas a couple of times to catch them all. It's ideal as a secondary shaver for your desk drawer or briefcase but it's also good enough to take on short holidays as your only shaver. At this price it's also much less painful if you leave it on the shelf in the hotel bathroom...

The foil on top does seem a bit fragile - it's very thin, which gives you the close shave, but doesn't look like it would last as long as the foils on Braun's main range and that could be a problem. I can't find anywhere offering replacement foils or cutter-blocks for this shaver and some users claim Braun have stopped offering them altogether. I'm sure there are some good economic reasons why Braun might have withdrawn them but there are better ecological ones why they shouldn't. It's a great little shaver for as long as the foil lasts but if the foil wears out or gets damaged does the whole shaver become instantly disposable?
99 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2011
This little contraption was built for those of us who travel a lot and have to shave every day. It's just the thing for that BUT it's not the quickest shave in the world. It takes many repeated strokes to properly shave a days stubble. It takes me about 5-10 minutes to have a normal daily shave using this. But woe betide he who skips a days shave! If I had to shave more than a days worth of stubble with this I could be there for 30 minutes or more! It simply *will* *not* cut anything that even remotely approaches long stubble!

Cleaning it is a pain as well. The supplied brush is just too wimpy for the job, it's absolutely useless. And if you ever do run it under the tap then don't forget to dry it completely before you use it because the shaver won't cut anything until it is bone dry.

It is cheap though. And saved me an amazing amount of time and money when I was in Afghanistan. It was a great feeling being able to shave normally when everyone else was dry shaving with normal razors whenever the water supply was cut off! It lasted a good few weeks on a set of AA batteries although it does perform best when they are changed weekly due to the motor slowing down as the batteries get weaker and weaker.

Great for soldiers who don't fancy carrying a full wet shave kit around with them!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 February 2011
About nine years ago I bought one of these shavers and have travelled all over the world with it. It has finally stopped working and I barely considered replacing it with another model (I have a Remmington travel shaver that I tried for a week and then threw into the back of a cupboard forever). For what it is, the shave is quite good - not up to the standard of a Braun Series 7 or suchlike, but it is small, light, cheap and therefore not a big loss if damaged whilst on holiday. Two AA batteries power it for quite a long time and the small hair trimmer that pops out of the side is good enough for the bits you have missed over a couple of days. It has a cleaning brush slotted into the base for cleaning the single cutting head.
I do welcome a 'proper' shave when I return from holiday, but this is perfectly adequate for a couple of weeks.
on 28 October 2013
I love these Braun shavers, but need one a year as the foils wear through in the end. As there are no spares available from Braun this M60b at £13.50 is the only way (and just as cheap as buying spare parts for other shavers) to get a new cutting block and foil for an old - and more expensive - M90, the similar model with a hair trimmer. The two Duracell AA batteries are a bonus (I use rechargables)
on 6 August 2013
Bought this as a quick alternative to wet shaving whilst travelling. I thought it wouldn't last very long, but I am really impressed. The cut is smooth and not harsh on the face.

Take a little longer than my wet shave, but hey, it it does the job so no complaints.

Great little razor at the price.