Size: 100caps|Change
Price:£3.05+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 14 October 2014
This is amazing. Eat 2-4 of these before or after a meal and you won't trump again for hours, if not days. I'm a vegan, so I'm pretty much a full brass band when I've eaten properly, so these are good for enclosed situations where you don't want to be liable for involuntary manslaughter or a bioterrorism attack on your colleagues nostrils.
77 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2012
Quite frankly, these tablets are absolutely BRILLIANT. I just take these after my evening meal and my usual evening crippling indigestion and wind vanish.

HOWEVER: Please be aware that in my experience, they also absorb medication you are taking, making it ineffective. I got cystitis and took three courses of antibiotics before I realised it was the charcoal that was making them ineffective, so I stopped taking them and the fourth lot of antibiotics worked.

Could they absorb the Pill and make this less effective??? Who knows, but it's worth thinking about and being extra careful just in case.
11 comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2014
We give these to our poor dog, who has a serious bowel condition. Makes the poor chap a lot easier to have on the sofa.
on 12 December 2012
these tablets really help if you've overeaten and feel bloated adn don't interfere with other medication.just remember to brush your teeth afterwards!!!
on 2 January 2013
These tablets work well, arrive quickly when ordered and are a very inexpensive way to control upset stomachs even if a somewhat old fashioned remedy
on 16 April 2013
These do work a treat. I have IBS and am also on a high protein diet for my training and they do work. Have deducted one start as they do stain your mouth something rotten and it takes forwever to get rid of the taste. Swallow mine whole with water now which seems to work better.
on 5 March 2013
These charcoal tablets are excellent for indegestion or trapped wind. I only had to take two tablets and in a short time I was feeling much better. Do not take with other medication because the charcoal will absorb it.
on 26 January 2012
Over the 4 years since I developed IBS, I have tried dozens of "cures" including sometimes very expensive (£30+)probiotics and enzymes that did little or nothing for me (as well as all kinds of medical procedures, tests & treatments) I have got to the point where I am clutching at straws. I found some Braggs charcoal in the cupboard from 2 years ago and decided to give it another go. The relief over the last few days has been incredible. The constant pain of trapped gas; which any IBS sufferer will tell you is nothing like a 'normal' person with trapped gas experiences - I have been strictly taking 4 tablets after each meal and not only has it been reducing the gas, but I have been going to the toilet 'almost' normally. There has been gas - sometimes in large amounts, but not trapped. I don't want to celebrate too soon but I have gone from despair to hopeful in the last 24hrs. I am even thinking of arranging a day out instead of making excuses in case I let people down on the day.

I realise it isn't a cure and only offers 'symptomic relief', but it has improved my quality of life which is the main thing.

I had some Holland & Barrett ones which did nothing for me.

I have also read that it is great for tummy bugs and some airlines even carry it for food poisoning - it can even work with certain types of poisoning. Apparently it alters the structure of gases to turn them to solids.

In this case, original probably is the best :)

I am still taking Mightidophilus high-strengh (12 billion per capsule) enteric coated probiotics which I think are also beneficial.
77 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2013
I take these after I have eaten and they really do seem to help to reduce gas and settle the stomach. I thought that they were good value and I will buy again
on 27 June 2014
I purchased this thinking it is 100% pure activated charcoal. Unfortunately it contains fillers - icing sugar, starch, gum and magnesium stearate.