Boys over Flowers was one of those dramas to which the saying'never judge a book by its cover' aptly described. Unsure of the title and the relatively unknown faces some of who were making their debut, I underestimated the drama and then got hooked when once I started watching it on-line. The lead character played by Lee Min Ho and the female lead, were so well matched, as well as the other characters.The storyline was realistic and well depicted. The enduring memory that lingers long after all else is forgotten is the power of love, which was so beautifully depicted as well the saying when two hearts unite in Love, let no man put asunder. It was so good that I had to buy the DVD to watch it again. The music was soul stirring and played on my mind for weeks. This is the vol 1 of the region 1 DVD with good subtitles, but beware that the music got changed in these syndicated releases for copyright reasons. So if you would like the one with the original music, you will need to buy the Korean original DVD (region 3) with good English subtitles and the original songs. There are 25 episodes of excellent, fun filled, comedic and entertaining drama. I recommend.
on 3 November 2012
I watched the series online and I just had to get the DVD! It has everything a TV drama should have I absolutely love the series! (even if it is in Korean) It has English Subs so do not worry. :) The DVD box itself is in mint condition lovely presented, you even get a booklet with pictures of each cast memeber, as I said very lovely presented for a DVD boxset! :) If you love funny, romantic and a great storyline, this is a great buy! Sadly I don't live in America so the DVD had to be sent over seas which meant unfortunately I had to pay more money on top because the item had to go through customs :/ so be warned you might have to pay extra when the item arrives. It is very much worth it though! :)
I will be buying the second DVD boxset (part 2 it follows on the story) Boys over Flowers, can't wait! :D