Customer Discussions > Dishonored (PS3) forum

Boycott to Bethesda until they release Skyrim DLC to PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Oct 2012 13:16:39 BDT
D. Quintiere says:
Honestly, tired of waiting and no real explanation why a simple DLC is not released for a major platform as the PS3. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls since the very first one (yes, I'm that old) and I'm very disappointed with Bethesda. First Morrowind, now this.

I'm skipping their titles until a fix or a proper explanation is given.

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 23:06:58 BDT
P Bortowski says:
That's ashame. Dishonoured looks incredible. Bethesda are only publishing this game though, it has been created by a completely different company. I've given up on Skyrim's DLC for PS3....I honestly no longer care about it. You'll probably be boycotting Besthesda for the rest of your life as the DLC coming out on PS3 is rather unlikely indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 05:41:26 BDT
AdoredByAll says:
I'm sure they'll manage to keep their heads above water without your custom.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 05:43:16 BDT
AdoredByAll says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 13:27:51 BDT
DJ-Cyphon says:
Boycotting every Bethesda game(Including ones theyre just publishing) just cause they didn't release 1 dlc is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard. You honestly think Bethesda cares if a few people dont buy their games? They are already rolling in cash to give a flying f***

Posted on 12 Oct 2012 00:38:30 BDT
estro_pajo says:
Well honestly your angry reaction is fully justified, but not just because they won't release the DLC but because of the larger picture.
See, the DLC is still in the realms of the never-never because the PS3 version of Skyrim is so broken and so poorly ported that that Bethesda is having a hard time making it work at all. At least they're not pulling off the "we know it's not working but we'll release it and charge for it a-plenty" that they did with the full game.
As to me I won't pay for any game DEVELOPED by Bethesda any time soon.

The problem here is that you are trying to do a very bad thing. You want to PUNISH GOOD STUDIO that has made an awesome game just because you have an issue with their publisher. It's not Bethesda you're hurting here, it's Arkane.
Same thing with Fallout New Vegas. It is a great game and so much better than Fallout 3. Obsidian has showed Bethesda not only how to make a good RPG, but also made a great work of the engine, despite obvious bugs. All games made by Bethesda this generation run on the same engine and every time Bethesda says it has some weird problems making it run properly. At the same time a totally different studio made New Vegas and not only they've vastly improved on the gameplay (something Skyrim is still lacking sorely) but also made the game more stable and resource efficient.

Don't punish those awesome people that make great games but are being published by a crappy company like Bethesda. You want to vote with your wallet and it is a sentiment I can appreciate and actually me and many of my friends are doing same thing, but be sure to direct your disappointment and used consumer frustration towards the actual culprits.
Screw Bethesda, don't screw Obsidian/Arkane/any other good studio.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2012 21:43:12 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 12 Oct 2012 21:56:30 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2012 12:01:58 BDT
G. Dann says:
Nothing broken about my copy of Skyrim. Played it for in excess of 140 wonderful hours. Only Red Dead has had more play time out of me on this current gen.

I don't care about some little DLC not being available, I'll be playing Dishonoured just as soon as the price comes down and any bugs ironed (as I always do with new games).

Posted on 14 Oct 2012 17:09:11 BDT
D. Quintiere says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 15 Oct 2012 19:57:33 BDT
DJ-Cyphon says:
The phrase "takes one to know one" comes to mind right now...
And since when did education count towards playing video games? Unless you're the type of person who thinks you are automatically correct about everything, no one elses opinion matters except your own just because you sit behind a keyboard and write a 'blog'.. Or do you just think you have a higher intellect then everyone else? quick question.. Who do you reckon is smarter? You or Albert Einstein? If you think yourself, I'd love to hear your notes on the theory of relativity ;D Also it's great that only the 2 people who agreed with you have 'smart & clever' comments.

Back on topic.. I've been playing Skyrim since day 1.. Put in well over 220 hours.. Only had 1 'bad' problem.. The water crash which was easily fixed anyway.. As for the DLC.. Most people above 12 don't care anymore.

Any how, I bid you farewell, Keyboard Warrior, Have fun complaining about senseless rubbish that most people have forgotten or don't care about anymore.

I'd love to hear your response to this, should give me another good chuckle. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 17:01:47 GMT
Liam Walsh says:
they just can't get it to work, its not intentional, and theres no point in a boycott. and theres nothing 'simple' in DLC coding
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dishonored (PS3) forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  2 Oct 2012
Latest post:  11 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dishonored (PS3)
Dishonored (PS3) by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (142)