bring control to an out-of-control family life
set limits and still be loving parents define what legitimate boundaries are in the family transfer what they are learning as parents to help their children develop healthy boundaries. Illustrating its points with numerous case studies and anecdotes, Boundaries with Kids gives parents the can-do guidance they need in order to model healthy boundaries for their kids. This book may well be the best investment parents will ever make into the lifelong welfare of their children.
From the Back Cover
This workbook helps you put the principles detailed in Boundaries with Kids to work in your family. Here at last is the help you need for raising your kids to take responsibility for their actions, attitudes, and emotions.
Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend take you through the ins and outs of establishing family boundaries and cultivating sound character in your children. The clear, helpful exercises and applications in the Boundaries with Kids Workbook will help you make the leap from understanding to
* identifying the boundary issues underlying child behavior problems
* setting boundaries and establishing consequences with your kids
* getting out of the "nagging" trap
* relinquishing control and helping your child develop self-control instead
* applying the ten laws of boundaries to parenting
* taking six practical steps for implementing boundaries with your kids
Step by step, you will take strides toward bringing control to an out-of-control family life, setting limits while still being a loving parent--and above all, instilling in your children the godly character that is the foundation for healthy, productive adult living.