on 12 November 2013
I may be rather biased as the first time I tasted this gin was at the Bruichladdich distillery on Islay where the gin seemed to start life as a hobby project from a still called Ugly Betty. However, this is a particularly, beautifully subtle gin, all the more so for being a bit of a rarity. A slice of lime, ice and just a splash of tonic and you have the perfect G&T with a hint of the wild Atlantic Islay coast.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 January 2015
I was introduced to this gin while up in Scotland for the new year celebrations. It truly is an exceptional gin. It has been flavoured with the wild herbs found on the hills of Islay which give it a unique and delicious flavour. It is not at all harsh like those well known big name brands (Gordons etc) and is a great drink on its own poured over ice. It is not a cheap gin and the price is getting up there with the distillery's malt whisky, largely due to the small scale of production and labour intense herb harvesting, but it is worth every penny and is a drink to be savoured.
on 11 June 2015
First tried this Gin after a Whiskey based trip to Islay! First time I had tried a Gin other than the usual pub standards. Couldn't believe the difference, this Gin is wonderful, so full of those botanical flavours, and a real eye opener. Since then, have been on a mission to seek out new and interesting small batch Gin from around the country. So many out there, and some are really good, but this is by far my favourite Gin.
on 4 June 2014
Got a bottle of this for my birthday and loved it so much I looked around to find another one. Found this on Amazon and couldn't believe it. I totally love this gin. Much better than gordons.
on 23 June 2015
I discovered this last week at a Gin festival. I knew Islay was famous for its whiskey's, and I can say this gin is a special and must be mixed with a measure of "1724" tonic water (which is close to Tesco's tonic water) and a sprig of thyme and ice cubes. It is 47% proof and makes a very enjoyable G&T. Cheers
on 28 June 2016
It's rare for me to leave one-star reviews, but this is a truly awful product. I like Bruichladdich, their mission statement, their whisky, their overall brand, but this is a truly awful product.

The Botanist is positioning itself as a premium gin, subtle flavour profile and all that. Nothing from this gin leaps out at me. No character, no distinctiveness, just mild juniper and alcohol burn as a finish.

My true test of a gin is an extra-dry (read 10:1) martini with a lemon twist. This gin is so flat, so flimsy that the vermouth and lemon overwhelm all 22 botanicals. This gin is so weak it gets railroaded by 5 ml of dry vermouth.

I have never tasted a more disappointing gin.
on 9 July 2015
If you like quality gin, then please try this, best served in a large glass with loads of ice and a slice of cucumber, or lime, not lemon. It is not cheap, however the botanicals in this make it more than worth it.
on 29 December 2013
Small batch distilled gin ,giving it a unique flavour . Have been buying this since its launch , a firm favourite .
on 15 November 2013
I disliked gin with a passion. I put it up there with nail varnish remover and turps as the drinks of last resort, but The Botanist really changed my opinion completely. It is beautifully and delicately flavoured, mellow and faintly spicy and dare I say rather un gin-like. Undoubtedly the best gin in the history of the universe.
on 18 August 2014
This is a well crafted, complex premium gin from Islay. Many locally foraged ingredients are included along wit more traditional botanicals. Its medium/dry I would say, with a light juniper hit. Exceptionally smooth & easy drinking

See one answered question