TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 January 2014
After previously dropping my SoundLink Mini and breaking my toe on it, I decided that a bit of extra protection was necessary.

Whilst I agree with some reviewers in that it is rather expensive for what it is, you do get a quality product, as you'd expect from Bose.

It fits very snugly, just slide the SLM in at the charger end, and then pull the case apart at the other end and it slides on. You do need to use a bit of force to stretch it over the corners though.

It has cut outs at the bottom - so that it still fits on the charging dock, at the side - for charger and 3.5mm input, and the top for the controls.

I do wonder if the controls really needed a cut out, but I don't suppose it makes much difference either way.

As I say, it looks good on it, fits well, doesn't prevent any of the Mini's functions and provides some nice protection against scratches and drops; and for that reason I'd say it's essential if you take it out and about with you or chuck the SoundLink Mini in a gadget bag when you go away (as I do!)
on 15 November 2013
A bit fiddly to fit to the SoundLink, but once on it looks good and protects the unit very well.
on 27 September 2013
This (blue trim) Bose soft cover for the Bose SoundLink is a good quality cover; and it fits the unit perfectly!
on 4 April 2014
I was in two minds about spending a little over £20 for a protective cover for my SoundLink Mini. But given the fact that it gets lugged around from room to room, including the kitchen where fingers are messy, I thought I would get it. Unlike many reviews stated, it took only 10 seconds to put on with nothing fiddly at all. Maybe the design has changed? The instruction show the precise sequence for fitting and as long as you follow, it is on in a jiffy.
I dropped a star because I would rather not having to choose a bright colour. The bright blue looks fine in the kitchen, say, but back on its charger in the living room, it looks a tad out of place. I would have preferred the option of a neutral grey trim, but you only have bright blue or lime.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
An expensive silicone cover, however the speaker is expensive so I could easily justify buying one.

Is quite expensive for what it is, however does a cracking job at protecting the speaker.

Not the greatest protection on the base of the speaker though.

Very well made, bit of a pig to fit but once its on its on. still works with charging base with the cover fitted,
on 1 January 2014
This is a very well made, fit for purpose bit of kit. It protects the sound link mini very well - but like most big brand name products, it is grossly over priced. However, it was, for me, a way of ensuring that my investment was protected. So, in that regard - I reluctantly paid the asking price, in the safe knowledge that I would not have any issues.
Pricing apart, I would fully recommend this product. It fits like a glove and fully protects the sound link.
I love Bose products - but wish they could be a bit more realistic when it comes to pricing.
on 17 December 2013
Very sceptical at first if this protection cover was worth the money.But concerns aside I thought give it ago after all its meant to protect something much more expensive . On opening the package I was very impressed with the quality of material .the fit around the Bose Bluetooth speaker was perfect if a little fiddly to put on . However I would suggest once fitted do not remove, all though it's well made I would think overtime it could become less of a good fit if constantly fitted/removed. Very pleased would recommend
on 23 January 2014
These provide good protection for the unit from scratches if you are going to move it round the house or take it elsewhere, and fit snugly. Although obviously trying to be stylish I suspect more standard dark blue, red, or black would actually look pretty smart - maybe they'll appear in the future. Orange one looks good although doesn't really match much else I own. The covers seem to be designed to be left on. Taking them on and off would probably loosen the fit and be a bit of a hassle.
on 14 June 2014
Very tight fit but once on is ok stops the speaker vibrating off the surface because it has a lot of power from such a small speaker
on 23 April 2014
BOSE does it again with this portable speaker for the phone, iPod, etc. It connects very quickly and easily. Has a chunky feel yet small in your hand. The sound is room filling without distortion, unless you turn up the treble way up on your player.

The cover makes it look cool and protects it from small scratches and knocks.
Both are brilliant products. Get it. You won't regret it.