on 18 June 2013
I bought these after the frustration of trying to run with one of the 4 sets of in ear headphones I already have which kept dropping out, especially if I was doing interval sprints!!

Now, no more dropping out earphones. I will admit that they feel a little ungainly and uncomfortable to begin with, but once you establish which size ear 'buds' you need, now I hardly notice them once they are in.

Granted, sound quality is not as good as a genuine in ear headphone, be they Bose, Sennheiser or whatever, BUT I'm wearing them while running, I only want the music to keep me company, I'm not trying to hear every single keystroke or string being strummed.

So please, if you want an earphone that is going to stay in your ear even when sprinting, these are your babies, DON'T dismiss them on the basis of someone giving them a poor review relating to sound quality!
on 29 July 2013
Are they worth it? Well, the sound is truly excellent. How do they get such bass from such tiny things?
And the fit is brilliant. I stuck the buds in my ears and immediately they were comfortable. No need to fiddle about to get the right sound. Perfect. And then I ran for 90 minutes and just didn't feel they were there. Have them in now! They never moved once. The lead was short and so did not swing about, and there are no in line controls to flap about either. It comes with smaller and larger ear moulding sets, but I had no need to try them.
I find that necklace style earphones shift if slack, and are uncomforatble if tight. The over-ear style hold in place better but even still they shift, a bit, when running. I looked at bluetooth ones, but the reviews were not good enough for running. So these are the best I've ever had.
There are some minor downsides of these headphones, which were not important to me but might be to others. The most important is the lack of in-line controls or microphone. These are for listening to music during sport. Second, the short lead might be a nuicance to someone with long arms removing their armband (but it comes with an extension lead so you can use the headphones with your device in a trouser pocket). The arm band that comes with it is cheap plastic. I could only just fit my iphone 4 in but it was so tight that it was not worth it and I can't imagine it lasting more than a few days without tearing. There would no way a key would fit in the key pocket as well. But it could work for a small device. I guess few people would buy these headphones for the armband anyway!
In short: the fit and sound make it worth the money to me, but obviously they are not cheap. Drawbacks are the lack of in line controls, short lead (both probably compromises to ensure good fit and stability), and poor armband.
VINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
Style Name: Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The most I have ever paid for in ear headphones before is £30 and the improvement over your standard ipod buds is marked at that price point. As such, I was very curious to assess what additional improvement would be made at the £100 point.
The sound quality from these in ear phones is without doubt the best I have heard from any headphones. Whilst not an expert I've had my share over the years and the depth of detail and quality of sound is quite outstanding. I found myself going back through my favorite songs as I was hearing things I had never noticed before.
The shape initially looks a little alarming with a rubber protrusion which fits into the part of the ear above where the main earphone goes, in order to keep the in place. I was somewhat dubious about this at first but it is remarkable how quickly I found I could not even feel that they were in place - they are extremely comfortable in use and can be worn for long periods, and stay in place whilst exercising. In ear buds normally make my ears ache but these don't.
The standard cable is too short and I have only used them with the extension which is fine. There is a small clip on the cable to keep it close to the body.
There is also a reebok badged arm strap to hold the player/ipod. There are a few different size compartments and it holds my iPhone 4 perfectly. There are also some different sized ear bud attachments.
You can get very good quality headphones for less than half the price of these, but if you are prepared to pay the price you are getting a really high quality, fantastic sounding set of headphones.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 October 2012
Style Name: Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Please read this review in conjunction with my video review of my MP3 player and current earphones Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black. There is clearly an improvement of sound quality from the Bose earphones but the slight reduction in maximum volume makes the difference less enjoyable. It is possible that the remote inline volume control only works with iPods?

Having just returned from a walk to the Village I feel I must change from three to four stars. Steve Winwood's 'My Love Leavin' from 'Back in the High' Life LP was a very pleasant listening experience. Though I had recorded the track from LP and therefore louder I also found George Michael's 'Older' cd track another great sound from the Bose earphones. I also found that traffic noise can still be heard so I may use Bose when cycling.

The parcel will not fit through letterbox, you need to be in to collect. Opening the package needed a very sharp knife. Though there are instructions there are no clear illustrations concerning exactly how a well fitting earphone should look in the ear. Mirror required for first use. I found largest of three options the best fit. Even an Iron Maiden loving jogger should find them secure. And I like the clear visibility of the earphones and its lead.

The armband and lead to extend the lead on the earphone are most useful. It is the slight decrease in volume which most concerns me; it is probably due to the fact that you can not shove the earphone right into your ear. I tried all the different Music settings on my MP3 player but found Normal is still the best.
on 6 June 2013
Have tried 4 sports sets previously, generally stopped working when I started sweating (which I do excessively!). No such problems with these.

Ear buds very comfortable and keep lodged in place without placing much pressure on the ear. I thought I had big lugs, but the medium sized pair of the 3 sets of ear buds supplied is fine.

Sound great - clearly not quite as good as over the ear types, but very good. I had stopped exercising with my ipod given the uninspiring tinny sound of my previous set. This pair makes me want to listed to music again! I like that I can hear just enough from my surroundings with them in, without being distracting in anyway.

I initially bought the SIE2i variant with the in-line control/microhpone. I did have some problems as it would on occasion start making my IPod skip through tracks and vary volume. I returned them and got these - no problems. I don't miss the in-line control and prefer that they are lighter and don't bounce as much when I stride.

Yes, horrendously expensive, but given what I had spent previously on several lesser pairs, well worth it in the end.
Style Name: Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These headphones are excellent - great sound and a very comfortable fit. They come with a choice of small, medium and large ear fittings. I have used them while walking and exercising and they have remained "in situ" for as long as necessary. My last headphones only lasted about five weeks but I am hoping for much longer service from these.

They come together with a short extension lead - very acceptable - and a flexible pocket to be worn on the arm. I have never been comfortable with this and much prefer a small pocket attached to my waistband. Just as well that I won't be using the armband as my iPod is just a shade too big to fit in!

UPDATE: I have been very pleased with these headphones and have used them daily with my iPod. Unfortunately they now seem to be at the end of their life and the sound no longer comes through clearly - as if there is a break in the flex. I have been using them for about eighteen months - but not sure how long we should expect things like this to last. At £104 this works out pretty expensive.
on 20 October 2012
Style Name: Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having received the headphones today, I decided to take them out for a road test, and I would have to say that these are the best headphones I have ever used.
The sound is superb. I listened to some rock and to some classical. Fantastic sounds from both.
A lovely bonus with the headphones is the adjustable armband that comes with them. My mp3 fits neatly as would all ipods.
The fitting in the ear is really snug and comfortable. Any hygiene problems are not an issue with these as the plastic inner ear fittings can easily be cleaned. Also, there are 3 different ear fits so you can easily find the one that suits you the most.
Again, the sound is fantastic and although the cost is high, in this case you do get what you pay for.
on 22 October 2012
Previously had the Sennheiser MX 680i with the Earfin but found the attachments to customise the fit very fiddly and tended to fall off!.

Bose have kept it simple with just three different sizes to choose from and it feels alot more robust - these definately wont fall apart. Just had my first run of over two hours and they were comfortable and stayed put!

Oh and they sound great too.

Update. May 2014. Still use these 4 to 5 times a week for running and they have never once slipped out or caused any issues. Some slight wear on one of the leads but no complaints as I've already had my money's worth from these and then some!

No question - If you are a runner then buy these.
on 1 November 2012
Style Name: Green|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As the title suggests, these are the most comfortable earphones i have ever put in my ears. The buds that come with them are excellent, they really grip the inside of your ear and never need adjusting. Running and excercising with them is great, it almost feels as though there is nothing in your ear!

The only reason these only got 4 stars from me is because unfortunately the sound quality is not quite as good as my old Sure earphones. That doesnt mean the sound quality is bad (just that the sound quality of my Sure earphones was exceptional) and with the Bose, it's obviously far better than any earphones that come with music devices, especially Apple earphones!
on 8 May 2013
These arrived the other day after being recommended by a friend, I have had difficulty in finding decent sports headphones that stay in place and are comfortable. I have used these for 2 days now and have had no problems, the sound quality is great and the fit is snug and do not cause any soreness of the ear after prolonged use.