Customer Discussions > The Brass Verdict forum

Bosch meets Haller!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Mar 2008 17:25:19 BDT
Dr Evil says:
At last! Harry Bosch meets his half-brother Mikey Haller.

I really liked Haller from the Lincoln Lawyer and when I found out he was Bosch's half-brother (mentioned in The Black Ice) I just knew that Connelly would link the two stories up, especially afer the Bosch/MacCleb cross-over finished (The Narrows).

Really can;t wait for this and have pre-ordered it already!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2008 22:59:50 BDT
OEJ says:
Absolutely right - I don't yet know if it will be the best book I'll read this year, but it's definitely the one I'm looking forward to the most. Connelly makes most crime-fiction writers look like amateurs. With Bosch and Haller together it's pretty much set in stone that this will be one of the greatest CF novels of 2008.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2008 09:40:52 BDT
I agree with your comment regarding Connelly's ability; apart from Chasing the Dime, which couls have been entitled Chasing the Dire! I still think the best non Bosch is The Poet - one of THE best modern crime novels. My personal favourite among the Bosch books is, probably, The Concrete Blonde, a view shared, apparently, by Bill Clinton!

Posted on 1 Nov 2011 21:00:05 GMT
It was a great read, if you like connelly read Angels Flight, one of his best. I really like Bosch, can completely empathise with him. Haller not quite as much but still interesting. If you enjoy these books look for just about any Connelly Bosch story, any Harlam coben and one Ive just read - Previous time lucky by Chris Robb. That has to be the best debut novel ive come across, real pace and tension - somehow delivered between bouts of humour.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Brass Verdict forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  31 Mar 2008
Latest post:  1 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Brass Verdict: A Novel
The Brass Verdict: A Novel by Michael Connelly (Hardcover - 14 Oct. 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (443)