on 19 December 2003
A very refreashing book written in plain english detailing Johns early years and how his life was steared in the right direction to becoming a gifted medium. The book takes you from his early childhood, to coming to Stanstead hall in England to study mediumship and also sharing the techniques that he was taught there to the reader. Having been on courses at Stanstead myself, I can assure the reader that these are the same techniques taught there. Avery interesting heart warming book.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
I had the good fortune of being in attendance of the recent "I Can Do It" event held in the Washington D.C. area. John Holland gave a speech on one of the days and mentioned that some people may have expectations in hearing from a certain family member when attempting communication with the spirit realm. However, he mentioned that it is essential to be open to hearing from someone that you least expect. This caught my attention because both my adoptive mother and biological mother had passed away within 18 months of each other. I always held the subconscious intention that I would prefer to hear from my adoptive mother first, if I were to ever attempt communication from the "Other Side". John Holland's message reminded me to be less rigid. "Born Knowing" by John Holland is part autobiography and includes tips on ways to enhance intuitive abilities. The following is some of the compelling information contained in "Born Knowing":
Fine-Tuning Your Awareness (pages 225-232): Holland shares ideas on how people can increase their own psychic skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (pages 203-212): He answers the most popular questions that are asked about the spirit world. The question and answer I found most interesting revolved around the different levels that exist in the spirit realm.
Our Parents (Pages 135-144): Heartfelt communication is transmitted between John Holland and some of the men and women who miss both and/or one of their parents who have crossed over
Spirit Boot Camp (Pages 73-82): John Holland shares the rewarding journeys that he experienced at The Arthur Findlay College.
"Born Knowing" is a great book for those who like psychic autobiographies with details on ways to increase intuition.
on 20 May 2007
I decided to buy this book because of the excellent review it had received, unfortunately I do not share the same opinions as the other reviewer and there are several reasons for this. The prologue of the book is very interesting, however I frequently found myself rereading the prologue throughout the main text because I found it hard to believe I was reading the same book. In the prologue Mr Holland writes about his unhappy childhood and how he was forced to take on the parental role of guardian and protector, I assumed for his family and the book is described as being written in a no holds barred style. However this was not really evident within the book possibly because he has tried to limit his writing to his spiritual journey which I feel was a mistake because it leaves the reader feeling as though they only have half a story. Mr Holland's style of writing is very guarded about his private life with the exception of his father's alcoholism which I found very annoying. I felt really sorry for Mr Holland's parents whilst reading the book because I was given the impression that they hadn't done or given him enough and that the book is tinged with some resentment and bitterness. I thought it was completely unnecessary for Mr Holland to out his father as an alcoholic if indeed this is the case. If this was going to be written about couldn't he have included a quote or section written by his father if it was intrinsic to his spiritual journey. The lack of personal detail in the book actually meant that as a reader I assumed Mr Holland had very little to do with his family for extremely long periods of time and I was still left guessing about his role as guardian and protector for them and who exactly they were. There are three main elements to the book, his spiritual journey, casebook and two techniques. In my opinion these elements did not sit well together, in fact Mr Holland might have faired better if he had written three separate books.
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2015
An easy read, one in which you want to move on to the next chapter and not go to sleep. Nothing scarey, just honest readings and his own thoughts on this life and our life after. I will certainly read any new material.
on 2 August 2014
very good book would recommend this to anyone who has experience and you can understand what John is saying.. very pleased
on 23 June 2015
i enjoyed reading this book and was pleased with the speedy delivery.

I thank you

Anne B.
on 29 December 2014
excellent book , it was for a xmas present , and very pleased at quick delivery
on 10 January 2015
I could relate to the author with my own life and really enjoyed reading it
on 2 February 2015
very good
on 20 April 2009
l have tried to purchase a book from the site,What l would have wanted to know is that l would have been sent the item l paid for... they have taken my money and have not sent my book. I have also e-mailed them three times with no response. Therefore my review of this is:- that l would never deal with this seller ever again. doreen jones
0Comment2 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse