Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2010 11:39:50 BDT
T. Brown says:
Does anyone have any ideas what books might be suitably challenging but age appropriate? She likes Jacqueline Wilson, and has just started reading Twilight.

Posted on 13 Apr 2010 16:30:14 BDT
house of night

Posted on 25 Apr 2010 13:47:55 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Apr 2010 13:48:18 BDT]

Posted on 2 May 2010 19:48:49 BDT
StarWarsFan says:
How about some classics? Plenty of gothic goodies if she enjoys Twilight (Try the Host by the same author, I thought it was much better!) and Wordsworth classics are only 1.99 through Amazon. Jane Austen is also challenging without being too racy, although I guess you're happy with her reading some racy stuff if she's reading Twilight. Charles Dickens is a great place to start with epics too, especially if you've seen an adaptation on BBC! Anthologies of short-ish stories are also a great way to find out what you like. Can highly recommend 'the mammoth book of' series. Very much aimed at adults, yet some would be suitable. Try fantasy, sci-fi, and even manga this way! Other older titles that might suit include 'A Town Like Alice', 'The Diary of Anne Frank', 'Wuthering Heights', 'Just Henry' and 'Cat's Eye'. Try also asking in your local library (yes, I've said it before on forums... and I don't work for the library!). The staff there are well aware of what would be age appropriate, and can point you in the direction of some different things. And nothing lost if not her cup of tea either. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  3 Apr 2010
Latest post:  2 May 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight Saga Collection Box Set (The Twilight Saga)
Twilight Saga Collection Box Set (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Hardcover - 15 Oct 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (144)