Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Oct 2008 11:55:03 BDT
tdkstratus says:
Has anyone else noticed that they have now increase the limit as to how many books of the CE from 2 to 30?

Or is there something wrong with my machine?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2008 12:04:29 BDT
M. Young says:
Yes I see 30 as well. the US limit is still 2. I think that means it is more likely to be a slip up, but it might also be that the book isn't selling as much as they had hoped.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2008 12:51:43 BDT
tdkstratus says:
That's ok. I'm glad I'm not seeing things. It's strange that they have increased the limit to such a high amount. Why 30? Perhaps they are waiting for an influx of buyers who are starting their christmas shopping?

But as you said maybe the book isn't selling well at all. Maybe people have thought that £50 was a bit pricey for it. I'll admit I did think that it was pricey but I ordered it and it's a gift so I can't really complain.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 12:13:58 BDT
I think it may not be selling well too, so they giving the existing pre-order customers to buy more. But there was hardly any marketing for the CE anyway apart from the fan websites and even they havent really hyped up even the standard edition. In fact, at www.the_Leaky_cauldron.org, there is more hype for the webmistress Melissa Anelli's "Harry, A History". There is a counter and spinning book for it but none for Beedle. This is all just a guess though, Leaky is the only fan site I visit regularly so my theory is not qualified ;)

Having said that though, one thing is clear to me now. After all the anxiety of previous discussions that Amazon has oversold can be laid to rest. The fact that they have altered the purchase quantitiy limit, means without a doubt, the 100,000 limit has not been pre-ordered yet.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 17:24:16 BDT
Chode says:
Back down to two now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  23 Oct 2008
Latest post:  24 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions