From the Back Cover
The highly successful Book-keeping and Accounts is an essential textbook for students undertaking studies of book-keeping and accounting for the first time. It is a well recognised text used by lecturers for teaching students undertaking the following qualifications and examinations; Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), International Association of Book-keepers (IAB), A Level Accounting, Oxford Cambridge and Royal Society of Arts (OCR), and as a general foundation text for personnel employed in the accountancy profession.
Its trademark student-centred, progressive approach to learning continues with verve in this new eighth edition. By introducing topics gradually, and explaining technical terminology in a clear, easy to understand way, this text provides an accessible and reliable guide to help you develop the basic skills of book-keeping and accounting.
New to this edition:
- Fully compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), with current IFRS terminology, and up-to-date with the latest budget changes of VAT
- NEW exam-type questions and exercises, to test your understanding
- Selected chapters amended and re-structured, to improve accessibility
- NEW graphs and illustrations, to help explain key concepts
- Updated ‘learning objectives’ and ‘chapter summaries’, to reflect developments in the financial environment and changes in the accountancy bodies’ syllabuses
- Expanded coverage on double-entry book-keeping using the ‘IN’ and ‘OUT’ approach
On the website – for online resources tailored to support both lecturers and students, please visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/wood
Frank Wood is the world’s best-selling author of accounting textbooks.
Sheila Robinson, BA (Hons) CertEd, FMAAT, worked for a firm of chartered accountants before gaining extensive teaching experience at Stockport College of Higher and Further Education, where, as Senior Lecturer she taught on accounting and management courses. Sheila is a well-established author of book-keeping and accountancy books and a former Council Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians.