Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 October 2009
4 kids here from age 5 to age 10 all enjoying and absorbing the stories and ideas. later discussing their favorite saint, not quite realizing that there's about a million that they haven't heard about. yet. i intend to get the welborn's heroes book soon too.
the author's experience as a teacher and historian show's in both my kids reaction and mine. they interrupt my reading to ask question's qhich 9 times out of 10 are about to be directly answered in the next paragraph.
on my side of things i wouldn't have thought that the 2nd-person style that starts each chapter would work, but i haven't heard one groan from my pack of groaners.
quite importantly i appreciate that the text doesn't deny or gloss past the ugly bits of history and church history - such as when describing the variety of intentions of europeans who came to the americas and times when the Church wasn't doing it's job well enough.
blessed be amy welborn,
and all who so need this kind of literature,
amen.
on 21 April 2014
exactly what I was looking for, written for kids and at a level the nine-year old enjoyed and read without problems
on 5 March 2016
No pictures, there is no colour inside, but My 10 year old enjoys reading it and has a better understanding of the Saints
on 12 July 2013
It is very well written and it applies to today's situations eventhough it tells the stories of people long gone.
on 11 December 2014
Poor quality paper, good information though.
on 6 December 2015