Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 June 2010
I got the Dover version of this book the other day, and I can't put it down. This book is full of Messianic prophecy that predates Christ by thousands of years. Jude in his inspired epistle says that the book was written by Enoch himself. If you are a believer of the inspired Word, then this should cause you to sit up and think.

It also explains the origin of the demons, and it's not what you've always been taught. The early church all accepted this view of the origin of the demons. I won't spoil it for you. You'll have to buy the book. Here's a hint: We Bible believing Christians accept the worldwide flood of Noah as literal, we then see many flood legends around the world in the collective memories of many people groups. We also see many legends around the world in the collective memories of many people groups in regards to Nephilim. In various mythological tales from Rome and Greece, we read of the god's coming down and having relations with women and bearing demi-gods. The early Christians were aware of these stories and of their true origins. They also knew what demons really were, and what Peter meant in his second epistle when he said that the angels that had sinned were sent to Tartarus (hell in the KJV). All this and more is made clearer by reading the book of Enoch.

This book has many verses that are almost the same as those found in Scripture. I have been writing them down in the book as I come across them. Many are from the book of Revelations. Some are from the Gospels and some are from the Epistles. This gives me the distinct impression that the writers of the NT were aware of and in agreement with the Book of Enoch.

Here are a few examples:

1 Enoch 50:2 On the day of affliction on which evil shall have been treasured up against the sinners.

Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.

1 Enoch 51:1b ...Sheol shall give back that which it has received, and hell shall give back that which it owes.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them

1 Enoch 63:6 (speaking of the unrepentant rulers of the earth) And light has vanished from before us, and darkness is our dwelling place for ever and ever.

Jude 13 (speaking of false prophets) ...to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jude also speaks in this verse of the "wandering stars". 1 Enoch speaks of the stars also.

I could go on and on with the Biblical references and perhaps I will add to this review over time. It just seems to obvious to me that the Biblical writers were reading and using this book.

The only downside is that parts of the book may be lost, and other parts added to it over the millenia. It seems that although this book was inspired it was not God's good pleasure to keep it wholly intact. I feel that this book should be regarded as very important, and I personally regard it as at least a deuterocanonical book. That is, at least of secondary importance after the 66-73 books of the universally accepted books. In saying that though, this book is accepted as canonical by the Ethiopic church, which has at its foundation one the Apostles.
on 16 February 2010
This is a facsinating read and more so if its truely prophetic. Enoch sheds more light on Genesis 6: 1-7, the descriptions in Zechariah 14: 4-5 and apostles 2 Peter 2: 4-5, Jude 1: 6, 14-15 and Revelation, among other references in the Bible.
It is considered apocryphal by the church and religious scholars but in the opinion of this unscholared layman, the book was written by a holy and spiritual man who wanted to inspire and bring people to God. Not a bad thing I would say. Some of the facts contained would not be for everyone. The truths of what Enoch says are in the Bible anyway but written in a more enigmatic style.
If like me, you want to be open to the possibility (if its true) of a little more understanding then this book could be for you.
on 12 March 2011
This is an absolute must for Bible readers as this book was removed from the Bible.
It tells how Enoch the seventh in line from Adam was transported into Heaven and shown by the Angels the rotation of the earth 365 days a year and 366 every leap year, the planets, the heirachy of the Angels.How Satan and a third of his angels were cast down to earth and took to wife the daughters of men and introduced evil into Gods creation.There is also lots of astronomical information which is totally bewildering, all substanciated by todays knowledge. Jesus mentioned Enoch so he to knew of it Highly recommended.
on 8 November 2009
I 1st read this book online when searching information on the fallen angels and the Nephilim etc, it's still questionable weather the Genesis 6 account is on about angles being naughty and having intimate relations with women in the past thus bringing forth the hybrid nephilim and giants, or if it is on about the evil 'line of seth', I'm still unsure but the fallen angle school of thought fits better with other stuff and explains things better in my opionion. It is an apocryphal book so alot of people don't accept it as Holy scripture for severel reasons that I'm not going into here, what I will say is my personal opinion at the moment is that it is possibly 'damaged scripture', basically it is scripture that didn't make it through time too well,so not the infallible Word of God like the other books contained in the canon that agree with each other, and thus is to be at least taken with a pinch of salt, but it definetly explains alot about the possible origins of evil, I personaly haven't found what I would deem a contradiction, but that is because I'm not learned enough to know I suppose. I recomend getting it if you want more info regarding the Genesis 6 account in your bible, it could be all wrong mind so don't trust it over the bible but info is there if you want it. There are severel different cover designs so I picked this brown with gold lining type as it's nice and neat. It's worth reading if nothing else.
on 15 April 2016
This book was purchased to study with a Bible study we are currently doing, I must say writings in this book is very though provoking
some things make sense fills in gaps not in the Bible but I am still very cautious with this book
on 22 March 2012
If this is how excellent the translation from a translation is; what must it be like to have read Enoch in the original language in which it was written?
on 25 December 2013
not as I expected, very interesting but hard going.....would like to read another version. arrived promptly.... and was.in good condition.
on 6 May 2013
Four typos in the front cover (the thumbnail on amazon.com doesn't show this problem). The title and author are missing several characters. Instead of them, there are blank squares. The cover picture is pixelated, like if it was taken from Google Images.

The worst part is that Amazon did not take responsability for this, and I am suposed to pay por the returns. I rather burn this piece of crap.