on 7 December 2012
I'm updating this review as I've now purchased two copies of this book, and it's cost me a small fortune. I hope this review helps others to avoid the mistake.

There are actually two versions of this book, a large (coffee table) format and a small, square format. I've updated the review below to reflect both versions. Amazon (or more likely the publishers) hasn't provided the dimensions.

-------------
Pocket size book
This has the ISBN #9780756631895 and the dimensions are approximately 19.3x18.2x1.5 cm

Sadly for me, I hadn't realised this is the almost pocket size version of the main Greg Williams book.
I haven't knocked off any stars for my mistake, but the pocket size means that the images are not done any justice - they're crammed onto the pages and lose a lot of their life and vibrancy. That some of them are printed across double page spreads just compounds the issue.

I'm not entirely sure why this format was produced, because it effectively negates the great images.
I believe the original size hardback is now very difficult to find and therefore very expensive.

The actual photos themselves are wonderful and show the film being made, actors practicing their lines, crew, sets, between takes, in make up and a whole other host of moments.

If you don't mind the smaller size format, then this is a great book. I've been spoilt by the larger hardback versions of the Bond on Set series and so was disappointed by this one.

Large size book (4 stars)
This has the ISBN #1405316586 and the dimensions are approximately 31.3x29.6x1.7 cm

Review wise, it's the same as the one for the smaller format - although the photos are obviously a lot bigger, clearer and provide a new depth to the film. It's great to a well-balanced blend of colour and B&W photography. Don't expect much text - there's barely any. There's also not as much content as the Bond on Set - Skyfall book, and given Casino Royale was Craig's first Bond outing, I would have hoped this would have been more comprehensive. I've knocked off a star and would give this 4 stars if there were more photos. It's expensive for what it is.

-------------

Costs
I paid Amazon approximately twenty pounds for the pocket size book - and didn't realise until I opened the package that it was the wrong size book. Annoyed with Amazon for not providing the dimensions.

The larger size format is considerably more, anywhere from forty pounds upwards. I used the famous online auction site/marketplace to source my large size copy. It cost me fifty five pounds.

If you're unsure which size book you're getting, ask the seller for the ISBN number. That should help you avoid the mistake I made.
on 13 June 2015
Fantastic book - now want to collect books from all the James Bond films! Packaging great, and it arrived on time.
on 14 November 2010
a book with some behind the scences pictures that are truely amazing, a worthy collecting item for any bond fan.