Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2009
Ok I bought this book based on the two previous reviews. I wanted some interesting Abs exercises to get a flat lean tummy and a little motivation to stay at it. The book gives clear instructions and performace tips for 47 different exercises. 17 matwork 14 swiss ball 4 medicine ball 7 gym equipment being a cable station, High Chair and Ab-Original and a slant board and some hand weight exercises. I had some experince of abs work from various dvds (like perfect pilates body, core fushion workout, shiva rea creative core) so unfourtuatley I didn't find anything new in the matwork section. The exercises for the swiss ball look very interesting and I have ordered a ball and dvd as a result of reading this book.

The book catagorises each exercise as to which muscle group it mostly works, including rectus abdominals, transverse abdominals, Oblques and Back (errector spinae) so it is good.

The dvd is a total let down, I can see why it was a free bonus dvd and not part of the package. Although it demonstarates the exercises well and has a workout for each day (using various equipment) the music is dreadful and I can't bare it! I can take a bit of physical pain to achive my perfect body but not bad music. It is the same 4 bar sequence over and over like you get with sky when looking at the listings only worse, far worse. So I just find that demotivating, theres also no flow to the exercises which have intervals inbetween them with count downs , it all seems a bit too plain to keep me motivated.

The 14 day routines are a good idea ( that you change your routine every 14 days is a good idea) , but I think the exercise layout is just not spicy enough for me to stay motivated.

So in conclusion this is a comprehensive book of basic abs exercises. It offers a lot of good advice regarding diet and balanced workout routines, It has clear pictures easy to follow instructions, and a budget dvd which is usefull for showing the exercises but not to put on to follow.
not my favorite purchase
on 15 April 2008
This book is more about giving you core strength than helping to sculpt abs. In fact the author states in the introduction that "there has been too much emphasis placed on aesthetics when it comes to abdominal training". He then goes on to criticise isolation excercises and the idea of a washboard stomach. In fact looking at the concentration on twisting movements in the book, you are more likely to end up with a thick waist than anything sculpted. It may be healthy, but it won't necessarily be pretty.

So the publishers really should be sued under trade descriptions for giving the book a title like this!
on 14 March 2009
the Body Scultping Bible for Abs, is one of the easiest books to follow. It comes with a dvd which is broken down into daily workouts. I was looking for a book to get me motivated and to create a stunning waistline........this book/dvd delivers just that! Obviously, you have to put the work in, but believe me its worth it for the results! My friends have also borrowed this, and are arguing between themselves as to who gets it next!