Needed a new kettle and after a few fancy eco/new fangled ones that didn't really work, I thought I'd go for a simple (and cool) looking one from a reliable manufacturer. It wasn't cheap but I was buying something to last years... Sadly however, this turned out to be a cheaply made, badly designed piece of rubbish which ended up in the bin within a few weeks.
1. As other reviewers have said, this kettle takes ages to turn off.
2. The steam collects round the internal rim in a weird way causing black mould to grow (never seen anything like this before on any kettle)
3. The one/off switch is crap.
4. Within about a week, the top casing of the handle started to pull away from the bottom.
5. The heavy lid (why does it need to be so heavy?) is difficult to click into place so can easily swing open leaving the kettle to boil and boil. A big hazard!
6. The aforementioned heavy lid is hinged on two teeny weeny plastic pins... within a few weeks one had snapped off and then the other. The lid, which fell into the water, seemed to be filled with sponge or something, so it sucked up loads of water and became even heavier.
This kettle may look nice from the outside but I cannot believe this went through a design and manufacturing process and actually got made. I've bought loads of bodum in the past and it's all been good but this is such a hazardous and lazily made piece of tat that I will never buy anything from them again.
Zero stars Bodum!