Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Mar 2011 12:41:27 GMT
I have just bought a tz10 after all the glowing reviews,and the picture and video quality is good.However,when recording video near a light source i.e. sun coming through the window,or a room with the lights on,There is a blue/purple line on the camera.I noticed this when first used,and asumed it wouldn't show when played back through the tv,but it does.Outdoors video is fine,as is indoors,when lighting is on,but light sources result in these lines all over the footage.Have I got a dodgy camera,or has anyone had this problem ?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2011 21:02:25 GMT
Scara says:
Hi well after many hours of reading glowing reports about the TZ10 I to descided to go a head and buy, I have been very happy with the results of both the still and the video , until I read your blue light problem ,so I have just captured in house video, and I to have very vivid blue lines from the internal lighting in the room where the video was taken.From the light source to the floor area , which means that currently with this camera it would pretty useless videoing within an area with internal lighting,is there a problem? I will be contacting Panasonic Thursday to find out.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2011 22:53:01 GMT
Thanks for your reply.Since reading it,I have had a quick search for youtube clips with lighting in them.I didn't find much,but on the odd clip I found there was no blue lines coming out from the lighting.I can't believe in over 200 reviews no-one would mention this,if it was a re-accuring problem.I am strongly starting to believe that i have a dodgy tz10.Like I say,the picture stills are fine,and so is video outdoors,and inside without lights on.But If I cannot take video inside,or for that matter outside at night where lights are,without the film having blue lines right down the screen,then to me it's no good,and needs to go back.I will ring panasonic myself,and speak to them,but I think I will probably need to send this back to amazon,and try a replacement one.If that one has the same problem,well,I don't know what i'll do then.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2011 08:06:21 GMT
Scara says:
Hi found two items on U Tube that demonstrate the same blue light problem, try marciaus 007 and nanodaone, both night shots ,it may be helpfull.

Posted on 24 Mar 2011 09:39:31 GMT
Scara says:
Hi again ,have contacted Panasonic in ref; to the blue banding I was referred to page159 in the manual ,it states do not point the camera at bright light during video. thier comment its not a fault Ha.Ha

Posted on 24 Mar 2011 10:09:11 GMT
Thanks again for the posts.Panasonic may as well say don't use camera in a lit room or outside at night.What we really need is someone else who has read this tread,come on here and say they have no problem with shooting video near a light source.Anyway,I have not "pointed" it a the lights,and the room I was in when using it at the weekend,were not bright lights,in fact it was quite low lighting.But it didn't stop the blue lines appearing as soon as you got anywhere near the source.In truth,this is no good for video,if this lighting issue is supposed to be "normal",and once again i'll say it,surely other buyers would have at least commented on the light issue.

Posted on 26 Mar 2011 19:33:07 GMT
Inigo says:
I have the blue line problem too when shooting video outside and inside. Problem worse outside. Shot video late afternoon, sun behind me but reflecting off window. It's a pain.

Posted on 26 Mar 2011 22:18:57 GMT
I spoke to panasonic,and they say it is not a fault.Their answer was "don't shoot video near lights".....my god,how pathetic is that.I know I have said this already,but,how can 230+ reviews not comment on the poor video quality when filming near a light source.

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 15:17:32 BDT
A Moreton says:
This seems to be quite a common issue with Panasonic digital still cameras in video mode. I have an older model (TZ7, which is called ZS3 in the US) which does this, also the recent LX5 model does the same thing.

Posted on 10 May 2011 19:49:41 BDT
E. Oldfield says:
Unfortunately you will find this line problem with most if not all digital compacts if a light source is near to the edge of the viewed area in frame.

Posted on 7 Jun 2011 19:35:18 BDT
I also have a TZ10 which has this blue line problem.. But I would guess that any strong single light source would cause similar internal reflections in other cameras to. I just change position so the light source isnt an irritant to the lens. I cant fault the camera with anything else.. But I am surprised so few other people havent come across the issue to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  20 Mar 2011
Latest post:  7 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions