on 22 March 2005
Well here in Brazil American movies monopolise the film
market so I had never seen as many British ones as I do now, you know. Little by little I was able to become familiar with the british actors and , to my surprise, incredibly hooked on their performances...
As to Caroline Quentin I love her tv series Jonathan Creek, so I decided to order Blue Murder and I loved it too ! It's a great
cop movie, the plot is really absorbing and the acting is so real that it makes us tuned up from the benning to the end.
on 22 May 2005
I've been a fan of Caroline Quentin for a while, and this series encorporates police crime investigation and the relationship between Caroline Quentin's character, her ex/husband and her second in command in the police. There are complex story lines, with good crimes going on while DCI Janine Lewis (Quentin) raises her kids with just the help of her live in child minder. Overall a great series, just wished they had made more.
on 17 November 2004
I very much enjoyed the drama when it was on itv 1 and I am now very pleased to discover that it is out on DVD. I think anyone who is into this sort of thing will enjoy this DVD very much and there are plenty of episodes to keep you on the end of your seat for hours!
VINE VOICEon 29 May 2007
Is that your idea of an hero? Middle aged, overweight, pregnant mother in the middle of a divorce with a crush on her second in command ... for sure not, but still it works perfectly as this is a real life hero everybody encounters and can relate too. Caroline Quentin portrait to perfection the life of many women of our generation. I have to admit that I alawys had been a fan of hers. So this a bit of a different mystery. But this is not social study but gripping crime stories in the best of British mystery tradition which will get you hooked in no time.

Highly enjoyable!
on 28 December 2010
Had not watched this series on TV but thought it was cheap enough to try - am glad I did. Not quite as gripping as the Prime Suspect or Trial & Retribution series but very good with some nice twists and turns.
on 4 January 2005
Absolutely excellent...I was unfortunate to miss this series when it was aired on TV and am therefore delighted that series 1 and 2 have now been released. I just hope they release the rest very soon!
on 21 November 2013
caroline quentin at her best juggling being a copper and being a mother. going through a marrige break up and trying to hold things together
on 20 January 2008
The series is good even if the characters are a little implausible. Caroline Quentin is excellent. The watching of the episodes is disturbed by the clichéd sound effects (frenetic percussion, piano, and violins). For the life of me, I cannot understand why we need to hear bongo drums when someone is just watching some take a swab! In a few years people will laugh at the excessive noise and be able to identify the period by these sound effects - and probably laugh. Is it compulsory to have sound effects people, especially those that do not do it well?
If you can ignore that irritation, the programmes are well worth buying.
on 24 March 2013
Caroline Quentin is a superb understated actress who really makes the show- excellent a good way to while away a few hours
on 18 April 2013
This was a gift for my Aunt who I hear really enjoyed this as well as Series 3. It arrived on time and in good condition.