I was given this locket as a 'cheering up' gift after losing both of my 15 year old dogs within a couple of weeks of one another. I have to say I wear it quite often and it has become very precious to me. The locket is silver, has tiny gold plated paw prints to the front and opens to allow for two photos. Not the heaviest locket, total silver weight approx. 4.8 gms including chain, but heavy enough. The chain is a delicate 'curb' design and the locket and chain have a total length of approx. 46 cms. On the back of the locket there's a little cross to represent the Blue Cross charity. The locket has a very 'bright' finish and is quite an obvious piece of jewellery though not too showy. This little piece of jewellery will mean an awful lot to the right person. Add a couple of hankies to the box because you can expect tears!!!.
on 2 November 2012
The locket is exactly as described and is lovely, I bought it as a gift but wanted to check it first, I know she will be thrilled with it.
on 23 August 2013
The locket is a perfect size and sits in just the right place round the neck. As the creator and author of The Dinkers; tiny wild bears, this gift was perfect as these fun little bears have left their imprint in my heart.
on 8 December 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my mum and despite it being 4 days late and complaining to amazon for them to send out a replacement its a beautiful item.
A good decent size and you can see the photos clearly as well as the beautiful box it came in.
The only thing I will say is get it delivered by royal mail not dpd as they didn't even attempt to deliever this item originally. But other than that I absolutely love it!
Great buy for a great cause.
on 25 August 2012
Very precious item, my daughter will cherish it for life.
Made the tears go away and remember better times, priceless.
on 11 December 2014
My sister's dog died earlier this year at 12 years old and she was heart broken so when I saw this, I bought it for her.

It came nicely packaged and was very sweet. To me the inscription was very clear, I read some feedback that said it was blurred but mine was fine.

She loves it, it went straight on her neck and she wears it all the time, it was the perfect gift for her under the circumstances.
on 25 July 2013
A very pretty locket, suitable for a birthday present. The only problem was getting the photoframes out to insert the photos, which was rather fiddly.
on 22 December 2014
We wanted a keep sake to remember our dog who was special to us. This seemed a fitting tribute and looked very nice. I had reservations but when it arrived undamaged and when stated. I was so pleased with it the locket is stylish well made and says what we would like to day. You can also put pictures inside of your dog. I would recommend this locket
on 13 December 2014
Although a bit smaller than expected, it is truly beautiful. Bought afor when my very old(20 years old + countingYorkie) dies, so I can put a locket of his hair in. The inscription is really cute and it also helps that a donation is going to a great cause aswell. A must buy for all animal lovers!!
on 15 December 2014
I was really looking forward to this an I was incredibly disappointed by the quality when it arrived. It felt cheap and nasty, not the quality you would expect. The lettering of "Only true friends leave paw prints in your heart" was missing the word "in". I am returning the item due to faults
review image