Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Aug 2008 00:55:24 BDT
Does the PS3 40GB console sold in the UK play Blu-Ray DVD's sold abroad? I know blu-ray discs have specific compatibility - regions 1, 2, and 3 - but will the PS3 play blu-ray DVD's purchased from America? Help!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2008 07:53:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Sep 2008 07:55:40 BDT
ashstampede says:
They will only play region B films. as pal territories are all region B, I have the opposite problem. I have a US ps3 so I have to get region A blu-ray disc, however many studios have gotten the point that consumers want region free discs and make many blu-ray films multi-region disc. On the back of some cases it will show a hexagon symbol with A,B or C in the middle or all three, this is the blu-ray's region. So spiderman 3 has all 3 symbols and as I oddly discovered yesterday; The Uk release version of No country for old men has A on the back instead of B. a great site for checking if a film is multi-region is http://bluray.liesinc.net and then you can select the region you want to see that is unlocked so for my region A player I look for all region B films that are unlocked.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  21 Aug 2008
Latest post:  9 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (501)