Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.98

on 10 August 2013
Blood relatives is a relatively simple plot told in an unusual manner and I found it a bit different from other 87th precinct books. I enjoy Mcbain's more for the sheer style of writing than plot. From that perspective, this maintains the same high standard of crackling dialogue and a razor sharp sense of humor that I have always enjoyed with Mcbain. If you are a fan of Ed Mcbain you should read this. If you are new to the genre, then there are perhaps better 87 precinct novels to start with.
on 5 October 2014
I love the Ed McBain 87th precinct novels and bought 20 when there was a 'special' kindle daily deal.
It is great to follow the same characters in each book, they all take part in stories to a greater or lesser extent except Steve Carella who is a central pin but they all appear often.
I am glad Ed McBain wasn't encouraged to kill him off early in the series.
All the books are good thriller/cop stories/mysteries.
on 13 April 2014
This is the second book by this author that I have read. From the start this book had me hooked. I didn't want to put it down. The characters are very interesting and the author has written them so well its very easy to visualize them. A brilliant twist st the end.
on 9 September 2013
I'm a new reader to Ed McBain's titles and I tried this book because I had run out of books to read from my favorite authors.
It is a solid crime novel, with enjoyable characters and believable interplay. No far-fetched or fantastical or convoluted story-lines, but don't misunderstand me, this wasn't predictable. Instead I enjoyed a realistic and plausible police puzzle with the ability to make me smile and also to surprise. I'm very happy, I've found an author new to me , who writes great stories and has a large collection of titles for me to explore. A very enjoyable read. I'm already on to my next one.
on 12 September 2013
I enjoyed this book, a girl is murdered after a party and Steve carrella has to solve the case. A well written novel which leaves you guessing till the last chapter . Recommended
I read many of these books years ago and enjoyed them so when the price drops I pick them up on Kindle. I don't think I've read this one before - the hunt for a rapist/murderer of a teenager. The writing is vintage McBain - laconic and at the same time highly atmospheric but the plot lets it down badly. I knew the perpetrator almost from the start but I can't pinpoint how I knew. I can only assume there was something in the writing that gave it away. As a result I felt they were wasting time getting to the same point I was at.
All the same full points for the writing.
on 15 September 2013
From the beginning it twists and turns and you don't know how its going to turn out but, the boys from the 87th manage to sort it out in the end.
on 17 September 2013
once again we have the beginning---middle --and the end---the stories from this auther makes you want to continue with alls his books
on 11 October 2013
Such a page turner, could not stop reading.. good on police procedure too. The. Ending was not anticipated at all.
on 2 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book its gritty and honest it gets you hooked as soon as you start it excellent