This book makes very interesting reading. Leading scholars in Biblical Studies look at the future of the church and whether we are, in fact, entering the end times. Each writes a chapter which adds a different level or viewpoint to the discussion. The articles (chapters) are well researched and talk about current issues in light of current issues. As I say this made for interesting, and informative, reading.

I particularly liked the discussion surrounding technology and the way we rely on technology in the world today. No one can disagree that we are living in a time that every move we make is noted and catalogued. Now, before anyone says that I am a technophobe, I am one of the biggest proponents of technology and the internet. However, this book has made me think more deeply about the way in which I use it.

I also liked the chapter about the rise of Hitler and what systems were in place to allow such a rise to power to happen again today. It certainly made me think.

So why four stars if I enjoyed it so much. Firstly there were a couple of chapters which I found a bit difficult to understand. I would consider myself well educated, but these were just a bit too off my remit to inform. I also felt it was rather USA centric. I appreciate that the contributors to the book were American. There is a big world out there and I would have liked, at least, Europe to be included in the discussion.

Despite these two issues I consider this to be an excellent book and one I would heartily recommend.
on 24 October 2014
An interesting read with some new ideas. Much food for thought. There's no question about the coming war between 'Christians' and the book provides lots of good advice on how to live and deal with the opposition and persecution of our day - that will only get worse until the day of our Lords return. Not an easy read but well worth the effort.
on 21 July 2014
I believe every mature Christian should buy this book,it is a must to inform the church the dangers ahead. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. It's not for the spineless cowards,or sissys in the pulpits, but the real warriors of our great lord and only saviour
on 12 August 2015
It was good that every chapter was written by a different person. I can't say I agree with everything but it was thought provoking and held my attention throughout. There is a lot to digest and this is the kind of book I will probably read again and still get more from it.
on 19 May 2015
Would definitely recommend. There is plenty to consider for our current times and the time to come. A challenging balance of perspectives that should be enough to make you think and awaken you to the reality we are about to face.
on 2 December 2015
An accurate and sobering view of the widening chasm between those who have a real relationship with the resurrected Christ and those who claim the name Christian but deny the Word whose name they usurp.
on 23 August 2014
Current events unfolding in the world today is one reason you should read this book.
on 13 December 2014
Both books were really well researched but a little hard going in places for the layman but I was glad that I stayed with it
on 4 August 2014
A must read for all Christians in these perilous End Times!
on 21 January 2016
Interesting view of whats happening in the world