- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Blacksite: Area 51 (Xbox 360)
- Your elite Special Forces squad, assembled from the finest soldiers in today’s military, responds to your orders and leadership in the most realistic in-game visuals imaginable. Lead them well and they’ll rally behind you, waver in the face of the enemy and their morale will sink accordingly
- Wide variety of traditional online modes such as Death Match, Team Death Match, and Capture the Flag. All new modes are available in the form of Human vs. Reborn and the new Siege mode, where teams try and capture each other squad’s members on the way to controlling territory
- Drive the latest military HMMWVs, ATVs, and commander civilian vehicles
- Take your squad down any one of multiple paths to solve problems and defeat enemies. Strategically use cover points and blow away others in huge levels where nearly everything you see is destructible
- Control all squad commands with the press of a single button, without the hassle of clunky menus
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Great Games and Accessories for the Xbox 360 from Gamesbuyer.
BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that redefines the first person shooter (FPS) genre. While other FPS titles claim to feature âaction-packed, highly realistic gameplayâ, BlackSite: Area 51 takes next-gen gaming to an all-new level integrating cutting edge technology, game design and story writing to create the ultimate entertainment experience. The playerâs modern-day emotions and fears are driven into a world charged with grave responsibility affecting lives hanging in the balance, eventually finding himself torn between his professional orders and his own ethical standards. In the end, only the actions of the player and his squad can shape the outcome of BlackSite: Area 51 during this potentially pivotal moment in history.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you want to nit-pick, there are some of the worst 'invisible walls' I've ever encountered and I once tried to drive down some stairs and ended up with my vehicle floating in midair. The morale thing didn't seem to make much difference to my team (but earned me a nice little achievement in the latter stages). Give it a go. I rented it and it only took a couple of days.
`Blacksite' is like any other FPS; the controls are solid as is the gun fire. There are a varied enough number of enemies to keep it interesting and the banter between you and the other soldiers in your group is decent. There is the basic ability to send your men into battle first before you which is interesting too. However, nothing goes above acceptable and it makes the game average. The story mode is a little short and the battles slightly uninspiring. This is a game that can now be picked up at a cheaper price and I think £15 or so is perfectly an acceptable price to pay. Average, but fun.
The story is luke warm the game play is like taking your dog for a walk if you have played every shooter going its just another shooter with nothing new to offer but and its a big but it was fun to take out for a walk.
Seemed like the guys making the game just ran out of passion and said ah that will have to do lets see if we can sell it.The helicopter scene with big alien was very good though and has a brief feeling that i was playing gears again.. but that all.. bit like a fire work display all over to quickly.
Final summing up
Fun but too short and lacking in passion.
Basically that's what it is, another Xbox shooter. Nothing special, nothing new or innovative, just another shooter with an average, very short campaign and average multiplayer mode.
Great graphics, great fun aswell, but very short and seems a very small game yet steep price for £40.
Get it if there's nothing else taking your fancy, that's what I did, but otherwise, get something else.
however, the game does have a few problems that prevent it being a game that i have actually kept. It is FAR to short, everything following the town can be played through inside an hour, and the story gives the impression that the scriptwriters are trying to present some interesting ideas, yet are unable to express it to the early teen audience that will inevitably end up playing this and simply gave up, resulting in a storyline that is difficult at best and incomprehensible at worst. The cover, menu and opening sequence also give the impression that this is quite a dark, scary game. and it really, really isn't.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
far, far away from being anything like gripping or thrillingPublished 17 months ago by Bloke From Hull
If you like sci-fi shooters as much as me you might enjoy this game.
The game lacks polish in most areas. It is also a rather linear game. Read more