on 14 September 2014
It's a GREAT book for someone who, like me, loves black and white analogue photography. Information is clear and the photos are lovely!
However... and this is more to do with Amazon (or maybe something I just haven't understood in the download process) but every time I go onto Kindle, either on my smart phone or my laptop, it keeps insisting on downloading the book for the umpteenth time... it just won't 'stick' there so I can read it 'offline' even when I don't have an internet connection! Very, very frustrating! I've even tried to 'download it via USB' but nope, the next time I go to Kindle and click on the book it wants to download it again before I can open it. Grrrr!!
on 27 August 2014
There seems to be a trend to call photography book "field guides". To me this implies something you take with you on a trip, containing tips etc.

This book is not like that; instead there is quite a bit of history and a lot on using various software packages. All good stuff and I may get around to using it one day but not really what I expected.
on 5 September 2014
It is so easy to take photographs on digital in colour, but not all subjects deserve the outcome. The old photos of black and white give much better pictures and this book is a very good list of ways of changing from one to the other. Yes if you like photography you will like this book.
on 17 August 2014
Good book. Full of information and guidance. A good read.
on 27 November 2014
I wasn't that keen on the style of writing at first, but now I've had it for a while, I keep re-reading & re-thinking how I plan shooting... that means it's actually an excellent resource.
on 12 September 2014
This excellent ebook was a freebie from Amazon what more could you possibly want. Michael Freeman is a highly regarded photo author...quality content throughout. Mono magic!!!
on 31 August 2014
A very inspirational guide to digital B&W photography. It has made me return to the subject for the first time since using black and white print film some 20 years ago.
on 24 December 2014
An excellent book, well written and full of detail. Covers every aspect of photography and what makes it different to colour. Si
on 20 August 2014
good book for no money!
on 28 August 2014
As I have just bought this book and Amazon has been to quick to give me a chanse to try it out I can say nothing about it.