- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
The Black Stump Durif Shiraz 75cl (Case of 6)
|Price:||£53.94 (£8.99 / Item)|
- Simply our No.1 bestselling wine - now with over a decade of sumptuous success
- Velvet smooth Aussie red made from Shiraz and Durif for intense bramble fruit flavours and a prickle of spice
- Irresistible with a char-grilled steak or Sunday roast
- Case content: 6 x 75cl
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
According to winemaker Alan Kennett, when you combine Durif and spicy Shiraz "magical things happen". Thousands of Black Stump customers seem to concur, which explains the wine's decade of popularity. Black Stump owes its name to a mythical outback landmark, now part of the Aussie language. An expression of the biggest/richest anything "this side of the black stump" effectively means "in the known world". How appropriate for a wine of peerless intensity and popularity. Dark Durif - "the grape that takes no prisoners" (The Observer) - and impressively juicy, spicy Shiraz have a turbo charging effect on each other, creating a velvety and irresistible style. Serve in large glasses and enjoy with char-grilled steak or Sunday roast.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Deep flavours, fruity and excellent finish, miss at your peril
It is a very easy drinking full bodied red, which excellent fruit flavours and a good finish.
It is as good with traditional red wine foods, such as steaks etc as it is with a good film and a friend.
The Durif seems to lift it out of that league of all the same Aussie Shiraz.
If you like full bodied reds, then give this one a try ou will not be disappointed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As ever this years Black Stump Shiraz does not dissappoint, if you could try this wine one you will not be dissappointed. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Markstan100
We've been drinking this lovely wine for years but I must say that the 2015 vintage is not on a par with previous years making this, and I hate to say it, a pretty average £9 wine.Published 1 month ago by C Green
I am no connoisseur but this wine is the best red I have tasted so far. It was recommended by someone I know through work and I am glad I tried it.Published 1 month ago by malcolm heeley
Been a "Follower of Black Stump for many years....and I've NEVER been dissapointed!! Excellant value!Published 1 month ago by Tony G