Format: PaperbackChange

on 4 October 2009
Yeah, have to say I really enjoyed this novel. I have to admit I'm a John Shirley fan, but besides that this is a well written novel. Good, well paced plot, characters you can empathize with or despise.

You want the main character, Rick Candle, to prevail; he's had a tough time of it and you feel he deserves a break, and right up to the end you can never be sure if he will or not, what with the might of a mega corporation and a megalomaniac multisemblant up against him, it seems impossible to think he could prevail.

It's one of those stories that keeps you interested right up until the end, even the epilogue has some drama!

Well worth a read, I think this is one of those books that I'll be picking up again to reread, I enjoyed it so much. And at three hundred-ish pages, it's very accessible, so that you could pick it up, read it, finish it, and enjoy it for what it is; a well told yarn.
on 26 June 2015