on 31 December 2011
I ordered this handheld vacuum after much research, I did not go for one of the "standard" type as near enough all the writeups from customers complained about the level of suction. did not bother with the Dyson handheld, although it had great feedback, it also had a "great " price

Looked on the Which web site and they had compared the PD1200 with the Dyson and apart from battery life it seemed that their was little to choose from them. Knowing that I only wanted this vacuum to clear up crumbs from 2 messy toddlers etc and to take on holiday in the caravan I understood that it would not match up to our full size vacuum ( a Dyson )

However when it arrived I put it on charge a stated and left it over night. In the morning after the boys had demolished a couple of custard creams I grabbed the new gadget and headed over to the mess.....

what a revelation.. it has great suction and easily managed the type of jobs I need it for ( including hoovering up after taking the Xmas tree down )

I cannot recommend this little vacuum highly enough it really is a little gem

Well worth the price, I am yet to use the "Power Head" but can only imagine that will make the little machine even better
44 comments|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2012
No comparison to the dustbuster we previously had. It is as powerful as our main (dyson) vacuum but easy to store and carry around. Great for the kitchen & bathroom. Highly recommend.
on 1 October 2011
excellent little cleaner to do car. suction very good and ideal for getting into small spaces would recommend this item
on 2 January 2012
Great little but powerful vacuum cleaner just right for our motorhome and small jobs round the house. Very versatile with retractable hose and several attachments
on 6 February 2014
Primarily, I wanted a good prortable vac with a 'turbo brush' (like a Henry) for shifting pet hairs but wasn't prepared to pay hundreds for a Dyson.
Read the reviews & bought one of these.
As has been stated before, this unit does initially look like a toy!
However, the design is VERY functional & the hose a real plus point. The tool holder attachment is a great bonus too.
Suction is very good ...although maybe not as powerful as the Dyson.
I didn't realise that the turbo brush is actually battery powered (by its own internal batteries) and also requires charging via the mains charger's 'Y' shaped cable. Nevertheless, the turbo brush works REALLY well and is great for shifting pet hairs.
The overall design, its handle & overall balance makes the unit a pleasure to use. Great to use on the stairs & will not strain your wrist (....as does the Dyson!)
The only down side I've encountered so far is the unit fills with dust/hair etc very quickly (not that my house is that mucky! Lol)
Battery life is great too. Can easily hoover out two cars with ease & still has sufficient charge for more.
Having tried the Dyson (that I'd initially considering buying) ....I still think this is the better overall choice/value.
It does the job!
5 - Stars!
on 15 November 2011
I have been using this for a few weeks now and it has proved to be very useful. Good suction and very easy to empty.
I mainly use for cleaning up whilst I do DIY tasks and in the car or shed.
on 29 October 2011
An effective and convenient hand vacuum cleaner. Easy to unroll hose and change attachements. Easy to charge battery and clean out. Battery life sufficient to clean out at least 2 cars. Somewhat noisy - particularly when switching off there is a loud bearing rattle. Otherwise I am very satisfied with this product.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2011
i've had one of these hand vacs for sometime now and had no trouble with it especially with the power brush attachment, excellent for doing narrow staircases because not having to drag a normal size vac around and the other attachment makes this a little gem
on 28 August 2013
This product works very good and has a lot of suction power but only thing is not great which will be charging time and how long iy stays. but in general its a handy product with good use for its size.
on 21 April 2014
At last a handheld vacuum cleaner that has great suction. The extendable hose is an excellent idea, it can really reach the nooks and crannys that the traditional style handhelds are too bulky to reach. I bought it for cleaning the car and after the first charge I was able to do both cars, the stairs (twice), and 3 rooms (just quick tidy ups of crumbs/hairs etc). Even when I could hear the charge lessening the suction was still great. Am very impressed with this and although I haven't used all the attachments yet they look like they will come in handy in the future. Highly recommend this product.