I was bought this for my birthday as I work shifts and mostly make my lunch to take to work.

As a person who can potentially eat loads. . .this is a good size! The lunchpot consists of two pots, one big that sits ontop of a smaller one. They both have rubber sealed water tight lids and fit into a simple strap carrying system that tightens up nicely once everything is fitted together. You also get a very nice spork! The pots are white with Orange trim ( I'm sure I had Y-fronts in that colour in the 70's!)

The top larger pot has a see through lid and the smaller one is not see through. The lids twist on and lock tight into position quite easily and just twist off again. There is an Orange coloured rubber seal and they are definitely water tight, see my uploaded product pics! The larger pot is laid on it's side so you can see the water inside it. It does not leak! The smaller one in the pic is upside down and also has water in it, it did not leak either! I left them like that for a few hours. Great stuff!

I would recommend that if you're cooking something to put in these, say noodles like I have, to let them cool a bit before putting the lids on. As if you put them on whilst the food is hot, as it cools it creates a vacuum and the lid can be sucked in tight making it a swine to get off!

I did indeed cook a pile of noodles with a large chicken breast and peas and filled the top pot and just got the lid on. There was loads in there! In the bottom I've had mustard based potato salad and pineapple in juice (separately of course!) and no leakages after a few miles of an arduous cycle to work and no discolouration inside the mustard pot.

The pots can be microwaved with the lids off! The manufacturers recommend two mins maximum. I've been using one and a half mins at 800 watts with no adverse effects to report and food well heated up.

So yeah I like this new lunchpot set up. It's functional, looks great and will fit loads of food in it! Roll on summer for salads and dips!
review image review image review image
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2013
These are well sealed and very sturdy, as is the spork that comes with them. I tend to use them for cereal and milk or will put noodles in the larger pot and sauce in the smaller. They are a good idea, do what is advertised and have yet to have leaked on me.

The only problems I've had are that they were slightly bigger and heavier than I was expecting, so take up a lot of room in my bag, and that the black handle isn't very secure and if pulled down then the two pots will separate. This isn't at all a large problem, as the lids are tight and I just have to fish them out of my bag again.
on 19 March 2013
Absolutley love it lightweight, aestheitc and doesnt feel like you are eatime lunch out of tupperware. convenient strap for carrying and perfect size for lunch. Will definitely encourage me to bring my lunch in each day!
on 22 August 2014
This is a great product, with really nice design! Many people complain about the lid breaking very easily. BUT, that only happens because they most likely did not read the instructions that came with the package. By using the spork, it is possible to open the lid without having to force it. I advised everyone to always read the instructions carefully.
Great product, really happy!
on 23 October 2011
I got sick of taking the usual tupperware to work and decided to buy a couple of these products. They are very robust, pleasing to the eye and provide sensible portions. I'm really happy with this product. Delivery was fast.
I bought this lunch pot set as a way of taking my food to work. I have to say that I am very happy with it. First, the 2 pots have a very good size, so you can take a very substantial lunch with it. Both pots are independent, and are have proved to spill-free. You can microwave it, and it's easy to wash.
But one of my favourite things about it is the spoon-fork: handy, practical and it's great to grab food when you are hungry!
This was one of those buy-because-I-need-it buys that turned out to be a major winner!
on 8 February 2015
I do love this pot but after only 1 year of using it during the working week, the lid snapped so bye bye expensive lunch box. Ok fine I had a good year with it but considering its just a pot to put your lunch in, I really did expect it to last me a lifetime especially with the price I'd paid. To be honest I don't rate the Black and Blum products much as my husband had the other lunch container and the lock mechanism snapped off that too.
on 28 August 2013
When returning to work from maternity leave I decided to purchase a new lunch box/pot. This is perfect for salads and I am guessing it will also work well with soups...I have yet to try it (been too hot!). I've been using the little pot for chopped up cucumber, carrot and celery to snack on at my desk and it has kept them really fresh.
Its a bit expensive for a lunch box but I would imaging if you were commuting it would be great.
on 3 March 2015
Perfect for cereal and milk / yoghurt, packs up nicely after use with the small bowl inside the large. Plus the bowl is pleasant to eat out of, unlike many other snack pots. I've had no leakage from the containers.
As other have mentioned, the strap will come off easily unless you pull it tight. If you're taking food for re-heating, make sure it's cold before you tighten the lids otherwise you'll struggle to unscrew the lids.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2013
The lunch pot is really sturdy, well built and accessorized.It's a bit smaller than what I had envisioned, but enough for a hearty meal. I like the strap, that keeps it all in place, and I still haven't found out if it's spillproof, as I only had some rice in it. I love the strap and the fact that the cover is acrylic, not glass. Makes it less prone to break.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse