Colour: Titanium / Blue|Change
Price:£89.94 - £115.71

VINE VOICEon 14 October 2012
It feels wrong to write a review raving about a cleaning product as I hate cleaning and no product, no matter how good, is ever going to change that! However, this is a pretty amazing little machine. It makes cleaning tiles a lot easier, as instead of sweeping / vacuuming first and then mopping, it can be done all in one step. Also, you don't need the traditional mop. Furthermore, you don't need to scrub if you have any ingrained dirt as the steam lifts it all off. I was pretty amazed at how well this cleaned my tiles, especially in the high traffic areas where my cream tiles weren't looking so good. Years of people walking in and out had left their porous surfaces stained, and no matter how much I scrubbed or what cleaning liquid I used, nothing restored them to their original cream....until today! The Steam and Sweeper has brought back their original colour and I couldn't be happier.

It's not a quick product to use. If you want to get the full benefits of the steam, you need to move it back and forth slowly rather than using the brisk movement that you most probably would with a mop. However, it's light so it's not tiring to use and I found it less of a bother than the traditional sweeping following by mopping. It leaves the floors damp but not wet, so they dry quite quickly. The swivel head is a particularly useful feature as it allows you to get into awkward spots. The cable is long enough to allow you to clean quite a large floor.

The only thing that worries me is that another review commented that the cloths cannot be replaced. I realise that they can be washed but after a while they are going to wear out and, considering the cost of this machine, one does not want to have to replace the machine purely because the cloths are no longer usable. I am going to do some research and see if I can find them, and whatever my findings, I will update my review accordingly.

UPDATE: Lakeland sells the replacement cloths - not in their catalogue but in their spares department.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Now that I have used this quite a bit, I do have to admit that the cover for the dustbox can be awkward to get on. It is very easy to get off (in fact, too easy, as if you don't manage to get it to click on properly, it is likely to click off again while you are using it and this is highly annoying!) However, I suspect this might be mostly due to me as I have never been particularly good with fiddly things! However, I thought in the interests of a fully honest review, I should at least mention it.
44 comments| 221 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2012
We bought this believing it worked on both hard floors and carpets, but it is a dedicated hard floor cleaner. Just be aware of this - some cleaners are for both.

As a purely hard flooring cleaner, I think £80-100 is a lot to spend. But, it does do the job. We don't use it every day - more like once a week or so, and it's served us wonderfully. Turn it on, wait for the noise to stop and mop and sweep away! I haven't had any issues mopping behind the toilet or in corners because of the clever sphere it uses for direction, so you can sweep-mop with the brush landscape or portrait.

It does our kitchen floor nicely, with dropped bits of foil or food lurking in corners picked up well.

If what the other review has said about the irreplaceable micro-pads, then it's a poor show from Bissell. However as they are machine washable, I doubt they'd need replacing very quickly.

I do think it's a bit of investment for a mostly carpeted house, but if I had nothing but tiles and wood I wouldn't hesitate to have one of these any day of the week.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2012
I liked this mop because it also picks up loose bits of debris as you go along. It's not as powerful a steam cleaner as others I have used, but is more robust and has the added advantage of being the sweeper aswell. Overall, not bad.
on 22 September 2014
It Stinks !!! (literally). Used it for about 8 months now and while results are not great (it clearly leaves wet marks on the tiles) it was the best in that price range that had a vacuum attached. The issue now is that every time we use it it leaves a bad smell (a bit like cat urine). Changed filters/ cleaned it fully but no change. Saw then on forums on line that other people are complaining about it as well. Will raise to bissel and see
on 17 April 2012
Brought this having reviewed other products on the market, however we are disappointed with it having used it.

The unit itself requires some minor self assembly with a screwdriver.

I find that it is heavy and difficult to move when in use and is clearly not designed for use on carpet.

Floors take a few minutes to dry.

The sweeper part of the cleaner fails to pick up debris in corners.

A word of warning, despite contacting Bissell, you cannot source any replacement microfibre cleaning pads. You only receive two with the sweep cleaner which is insufficient unless you intend to put them in the washing machine everyday.

We regret purchasing this product
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2012
So easy to use, and the sweeper is better than I expected. Would recommend this steamer cleaner to anyone. Great!
on 28 September 2013
On returning a faulty Bissel Steam Mop a refund has not been forthcoming - unable to contact seller - no reply from seller - no reply from Amazon concerning complaint. Very, very poor service.
on 8 February 2013
this item hasn't lived up to my expectations. it's brill considering there's no mop and bucket and faffing about but you also need an actual mop as well as it doesn't quite reach into the corners which is a nuisance in a kitchen. but it did leave (the parts it reached) sparkling.
on 11 December 2012
I'd seen the advert for this and thought it had to be too good to be true, but this truly is great. I have no carpets in my house, all wood or tiles so the time spent hoovering/sweeping and then mopping was tedious, but necessary. This Steam & Sweep really cuts that in half. Some other reviews said it would leave clumps of black dirt on the floor when using the sweeper whilst steaming and having now used it, I can only think that this would having if the area you were doing it on was heavily soiled. It's a sweeper, not a vacuum, so I think as long as you remember that you'll be delighted. The steam function cleans floors beautifully Ann hygienically. I sweep everyday, so my floors have crumbs/dust and it copes perfectly. Both functions work brilliantly alone or combined. 5 stars! Can see no faults with this!
on 9 February 2014
I bought this item because all the floors in my bungalow are tiled and I thought it would make cleaning quicker. However, the sweeper doesn't pick up as well as I thought it would and after sweeping and steaming, my floors are not as clean as I would have expected.