Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 1998
We bought this book for our daughter the year before she started Kindergarten, in hopes that it would help to get her started with reading. And it indeed turned out to be one of the first books she was able to read alone. She is in first grade now, and her reading level has progressed well beyond Biscuit. But we have found renewed life for the book with our one year old baby. He loves Biscuit. It is his favorite bedtime story, and he never tires of hearing it. The delightful story of the little yellow dog who finds excuse after excuse not to go to bed will enchant your children, from infancy to elementary school.
on 16 September 2011
this is a lovely story -simple to read using the some of the 200 most common words (I got a list of these and wrote the 100 most common them on flashcards as his school didnt) -he was delighted to find he could read this book by himself with very little help from me -I've now bought more of them
brilliant !
Biscuit is a little girl's puppy -she's trying to get him to go to bed -and Biscuits needs, a snack, a drink, a hug and a kiss and then more hugs and kisses and then he needs tucked in again (we noticed some similarities to our bedtime routine too LOL )
an example of the writing is
"This is Biscuit
Biscuit is small
Biscuit is Yellow"

"Time for bed, Biscuit!
Woof, Woof!
Biscuit wants to play."
on 1 December 1998
My two year-old cannot get enough of this book. It has just the right amount of text per page to hold her interest and enough repetition on the theme (getting Biscuit to go to bed) that she gets really tickled when she can tell me what comes next for Biscuit on each page.
on 7 February 2013
My 4 and 2 year old love this book. It takes you through all the steps of winding down for bed and I love it when I get biscuits hugs and kisses. My 4 year old can't read but has it memorized in 6 weeks, and 'reads' it perfectly to her little brother when she's in a sharing mood! Very sweet little book, very simple.
on 11 October 1997
"Biscuit" fascinates my two and a half year old daughter. It's her favorite bedtime story, and she says the words from memory along with me as I read to her. An important plus is that it's very short - just what a tired parent needs after a hard day's work to satisfy his/her kid!
on 31 January 1998
The repetitive language in the story and adorable illustrations helped my daughter read her first book. She loves Biscuit and reads the book over and over. We are eagerly looking for more books about Biscuit to help our emergent reader learn.
on 10 August 2011
My grandson loves books & dogs so this was the natural first reading book. Although not 4 yet he knows several words & can relate the pages by the pictures at the moment. Bought several Biscuit books at the same time & he loves them all.
on 28 October 2011
THE BISCUIT BOOKS ARE REALLY LOVELY STORIES WHICH MY GRANDDAUGHTER LOVES TO READ WITH US. THEY HAVE HELPED TO TEACH HER SIMPLE WORDS AND PHRASES IN A REALLY ENJOYABLE WAY.
on 19 May 1999
I'm way too old for this book, but I worship it. I think Biscuit is adorable--I love dogs--and "Biscuit Finds a Friend" is just as cute. Buy this book!
on 15 September 2013
My four year old grandchild thoroughly enjoys this book and it gives her confidence that she can read the words. She really loves the character of Biscuit.