The Birth Of A Nation remake!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2012 06:17:55 GMT
M. G. Price says:
Would Hollywood dare to remake this film today?

Posted on 5 Sep 2012 11:47:23 BDT
Ginger_Ninja says:
No. I really believe that they wouldn't. I'm sure that there's some young, budding Director out there who believes that he can make a name for himself in re-making this but any studio would look at it and think, "career suicide". Some films can only be made once and given what reaction this film provoked the first time around, I would hate to think what would happen now.

Posted on 23 Nov 2013 14:15:57 GMT
Michael Open says:
Films are themselves. Anyone stupid enough to want to remake what it arguably the most influential artistic work made since the era of the ancient Greeks would be on a hiding to nothing.
Some people don't seem to understand: before this dazzling work, the cinema was barely beyond the fairground level, culturally. After 'The Birth of a Nation' it was the most vibrant, influential art that our species had created. Without the expressive dimensions given to the cinema by solely this film, almost nothing of value that followed would have been possible.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  19 Jan 2012
Latest post:  23 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions