Size: 40 EU / 7 UK (Normal)|Colour: Toffee|Change

on 8 April 2011
Absolutely love these the colour is great, only 1 piece of advice go a size smaller as they come quite large I also got the narrow and I would consider myself to have quite wide feet.
on 5 December 2009
These sandals are excellent, extremely comfortable, the next best thing to being Barefoot, so my wife tells me.
on 23 September 2014
I love my new Birkenstocks, I wore them every single day of my travels whilst exploring Europe. They are comfortable and great shoes to wear in a hot climate. I only got slight rubbing after about 2 weeks continuous all-day wearing, and even then it wasn't enough to stop me from wearing them. The padding in the sole of the foot makes them great shoes for those who get sore feet from wearing cheap flat shoes such as flip-flops or dolly shoes. You can tell by just looking at them that they are good quality.

My only recommendation is to check the sizing guide on the Birkenstock website before ordering! I did this and properly measured my foot and found that they fit perfectly. I also have an average width foot and chose 'narrow'.
on 12 June 2016
I have been a long time wearer of Birkenstocks and tend to buy a new pair every one or two years, I've travelled far with them across lots of continents and they've seen me through some pretty prolific walks! If you're new to Birks then don't fear when you first put them on. They often feel a bit uncomfortable and unnatural, just wear them in over a week or two. I tend to start wearing them on small walks and then gradually increase it. Soon enough they'll start moulding to your feet and they will feel so natural! You might need to tighten the buckle after a while as your foot sinks into the sole. A few words of advice with Birkenstocks
- try not to get them too wet, they can get a bit smelly and not really made for crossing rivers (or big puddles if you live in England!) A little water won't hurt them though
- these are prone to smelling after a long while, I tend to alternate shoes, they like to have a good bake in the sun, otherwise other ways you can make them smell less is putting them in a bag in the freezer, tea tree oil or baking soda. Don't let this put you off though, they are made from natural materials!
- Don't get fooled into buying the cheaper versions in TK Maxx, they're often more plastic and not the same quality as these
- I'm a size 6 normally but always get a size 5 in Birkenstocks. They advise going bigger but i prefer them to fit snugly
on 8 July 2011
My wife has been nagging me for years to get some Birkenstocks and at long last she has won the battle. They took a little while to get used to (had to put a plaster on a blister at first) but the more I wear them the more I realise why she likes hers so much!
on 22 May 2012
UPDATE ON SIZING: After returning the shoes, I decided to gamble again and bought a smaller size and the narrow fitting from the same seller on Amazon. Whilst they are not as good a fit as previous Madrid Birkenstocks I have bought (before the sizing changes) they are a much better fit and I've kept them. I've ended up with a size 38 which is 1-1.5 sizes smaller than my usual shoe size!

*****

I read lots of reviews and spent a while deliberating whether to order regular or narrow. In the end I ordered 39 regular and they are HUGE. At least 1.5cm too long and far too wide. I know the Birkenstock website says they should be loose fitting, but these were ridiculous.
Have just printed an Amazon returns label and it's Freepost return, so at least I haven't lost anything.
Now that they have changed the sizes/widths, I think I will try and find a Birkenstock shop to buy my next pair before reverting to online shopping again.
on 23 May 2014
Absolutely perfect.. I am a size 5 they fit perfectly love them.. Wouldn't hesitate to buy some more but hopefully wont have to..
on 29 May 2014
I was very pleased I took notice of other's reviews as I would not have ordered the narrow fit as I consider my feet to be fairly wide! Therefore I am very pleased with the fit and they are very comfortable - will probably buy another pair in a different colour in due course.
on 8 June 2014
I already have several pairs of Birkenstocks so ordered my regular size 41 M, turns out that is a UK 8. On Amazon in general sizing is a bit confusing for these as width not always indicated. I love Birkenstocks, usually buy the ones with toe post but those are also a great fit and very comfortable. When the sun shine and I put them on it is like finding old friends again.
on 22 September 2013
well-made and feels good on my feet. very good buy at £21. 4 stars because I have had to return the first pair at size 36.Im a UK 5 and the size guide showed me that I'm 36 for Unisex clogs but when it arrived it was too small, had it returned. The replacement came the following day and the process was swift and easy. Well done Amazon!