Size: EU 42|Colour: Mocca Nubuk|Change
Price:£53.20+ Free shipping

on 23 August 2013
I had wanted these for ages, so when I saw them reduced I couldn't get them quickly enough. What a huge disappointment. I am a standard size 4, normal width never had a problem with shoe fitting before......but these were huge!! If I got the toe post where it is intended to be I had over an inch spare at the back & my toes were at the very edge of the front. The other disadvantage of this was that the shaping in the sole was not where it should be so I was walking on bumps - very strange & not at all comfortable. Buying a smaller size is not the answer as the toe posts and shaping of the inner sole would be in the wrong place. Given that these normally retail at around £50 I think they should at least fit. Thank goodness Amazon's returns system is so simple.
on 5 September 2011
These are the most comfortable summer sandals, I had an imitation pair before these which I always thought were fine, but now that I have the real thing I realise these are just streets ahead. I can walk for hours in them.

I bought the 38 M EU, I take a size 5½, yet the 38 is the perfect length and have a B to C width fitting, so narrow to standard and the M width fitting is just right, as you need to ensure that the foot is nicely enclosed all the way around by the raised edging that the Gizeh has. I would agree with other reviewers that it is worth trying some on before ordering them.

I bought the Mocca colour which is a great neutral colour which goes with everything.
on 8 September 2013
Bought as a present for my daughter. As a family we have the right feet for Birkenstocks and own several pairs each in different styles. Very comfortable. Excellent. I think it is important for any one new to Birkenstocks to try a pair on first. eg my normal size is a UK size 9 or EU43. I find EU 42 the best fit and most comfortable for me but I'd hesitate to suggest everyone tries one euro size down. With their stiff soles, it can take a while to get used to something different. I find that after wearing whatever brand of shoes all day at work, my feet thank me for putting my Birkenstocks on in the evening and at weekends if the weather is kind enough on my toes.
on 13 March 2014
I've always wanted a pair of Birkenstock's and now I have them!! They are everything I hoped for and more...I absolutely love them.
They are my first pair but I already know they won't be my last!!
on 7 July 2013
Originally I bought the leather gizehs as I thought they would look nicer and be more comfortable. I also bought a size 39 even though I am usually between a 39 and a 40, as the sizes are large. When they arrived they looked great and fitted nice and snugly, the leather straps were ok, but not amazingly comfortable. I wore them in side for a while and realised my toes were too near the edges and after a bit of walking I could tell this would become a problem. I returned them which was very easy and decided to go for a 40 in the birko-flor. They are called nubuck mocca which is a bit confusing as they are synthetic. These are amazing and the larger fit is so much more comfortable. Also the synthetic straps still look great but they are lined with a fleecy material which makes them so much more comfortable than the leather. They are wipe clean, so should be much lower maintenance than the leather, and were £15 cheaper!

Getting the right size is so important, my tips would be get your size, don't go down in size. I think they make your feet look smaller with the bigger size too! Also you are better trying them on first but as these are so easy to return you could always buy a couple of pairs and send unwanted ones back.

At this price I think I will be buying them for presents, they are so comfortable!
on 27 July 2013
Would like to give a higher rating as these looked good however they were huge on me. I am usually a size 41/7 sometimes even a 42/8 very rarely have I been smaller and my feet are wide but these were at least a size too big, not just the foot bed but the straps would have needed another hole put in them. Sadly they are going back, i will wait to see if i'm charged the postage to return them before commenting on that but i will be disappointed i am charged as i feel i did order the right size.
on 6 August 2013
I have resisted buying a pair for a long time as they are not cheap, but since giving in and getting these they have barely been off my feet! Really comfortable, and a great fit. I am a uk 7 but got the 6 after trying some in the shops. I don't normally like the thong bit between the toes, but I have to say these are soft and flexible so I barely notice it. All in all great value as I know I will be wearing them a lot!! The colour is good too and they look good with jeans, skirts or shorts.
on 21 August 2014
Do love these so much - have wanted Birkenstocks for such a long time! Unfortunately haven't been able to wear them much, only indoors so far, due to injuries to legs & feet!!

The footbeds are very comfortable but if I could I would change the toe-post to a more flexible material, such as leather, as the current post is very stiff & I'm not sure, therefore, how comfortable the shoes would be if worn for long periods (maybe I'll get used to it)!
on 16 July 2013
These were advertised as used, with original labelling and packaging missing. However they look new and did indeed arrive with one original label. I read the other reviews for this item and followed their advice to order a size smaller. I am a 5.5 UK size and normally order size 39 European, but in this instance the size 38 fits well. 4 stars instead of 5 because the Birkenstock design needs padding to become more comfortable.
on 2 July 2011
Although I had seen all the reviews warning about sizing problems I thought that as I have wide feet I would be OK with my normal size which is 43. Wrong! They were too big. As I live in Spain it was too much hassle to send them back so I found a friend with large feet and sold them to him for a small discount. I then ordered the next size down which fitted perfectly. Little tip, do as suggested and outline your feet on a piece of paper and then measure the outline. It's pretty accurate. The smaller pair, that I have also reviewed elsewhere, are amazing comfortable, and my friend is equally impressed with the bigger pair.