Size: 6.5 UK / 40 EU|Colour: Dark Brown|Change

on 29 June 2014
I bought these sandals for my husband, who has struggled over the years to find sandals that fit him properly. He put his foot in the sandal and was in sandal heaven, the way the foot is moulded is perfect for him. He had recently begun to struggle with walking any distance, now he's skipping around like a mountain goat crossing the Alps. No problem with walking for any length of time at all. I only wished I'd bought them for him sooner - however he would only wear cheap, cheap sandals - which these aren't. However they are worth every penny. Even he says so, despite knowing the price! Thank you Birkenstock, we love you!
on 8 June 2014
I bought these to replace a much-loved pair of Naot sandals that did me well for four summers but have now died. My husband bought some birkies last summer and raved about them so I thought I would try them for size. I went for this style as they are "proper" sandals with a heel strap and pretty much identical to the ones I am replacing - only difference is that these have buckles rather than velcro fastenings. I went for a size smaller than what I would normally wear - 38 instead of 39 and they fit perfectly in a roomy, airy kind of way. I would say that my feet are narrow/normal width-wise by the way.

I wore them out to town on the first decently sunny day after they arrived and they were comfy straight away - my feet did get a little tired towards the end but I had been wearing them and walking about for about six hours by then. Since then, no problems. I've since snapped up a pair of leather Birkenstock shoes at a bargain price - I'm a convert!
on 26 September 2013
I have always had Birkenstocks but used to buy them in Germany on home visits. This time I needed a new pair before my next visit and was pleased to find them on Amazon! The choice of styles and colours is also superior to a regular shoe shop and the price is roughly the same. If you haven't had Birkenstocks before, beware, they are cut quite generously. I have them 1 size smaller (39 instead of 40). I also suffer from the curse of having very wide feet, not a problem in these!
I have had this pair for 2 years and wear it for most of the summer each year. No sign of wear or tear! Other pairs I use as slippers around the house have lasted way over 5 years! (Knock-off versions don't last a year - I tried them!)
on 27 June 2014
These Birenstock's claim to be unisex. I bought a UK size 8 but it turns out the EU equivalent sizing for women is 41 and for men is 42 according to the sizing on their website.

I was sent a women's size 8 ie an EU 41 which is too small for me. A men's 42 EU sizing would have fitted (just to clarify I am male!). I am not sure how the same sandal can claim to be unisex if it involves two different sizes.
on 28 February 2016
Was misled by the ad on Amazon which clearly stated leather 'inner' and 'outer' material. What was delivered had straps made of Birkenstock's alternative to leather 'Birko-Flor' which is not what was described, or what I wanted. Retailer polite but remarkably unapologetic for having sent something that was plainly mis-described. Am returning them. What a waste of time.
on 9 June 2014
I did some research on different size tables and tried to get the right size according to that, but still, the size is pretty big. I will have to sell them or send them back.
on 15 August 2013
I have been a fan of Birkenstocks for a long time (I have nearly 20 pairs) and really wanted my husband to have the benefit of them too. I took the chance and bought these for him and he now realises the benefit of paying a little bit more for quality and comfort - the back strap also supports his style because he is not a flip flops wearer.
These are hard wearing comfortable and safe for walking and theme ride riding although he cannot drive in them yet.
on 27 April 2014
Leaves a really bad stain on bottom of feet Very difficult to wash off. Bottom of feet become dark yellow with stain.
on 12 October 2014
I bought these as a gift for my 55 year old father. They are a sandal that looks good on any age! He found them a bit odd at the start, as could feel the ridge under his toes. I'd read on a blog that you should wear them in the shower to wet them to break them in, he did feel a bit silly doing this, but by the end of the day he had forgotten about the ridge. I would buy again.
on 18 March 2014
Ive owned Birkies before, nowadays they are no longer made with leather uppers as standard, these are made from faux leather and for me the whole point of a classic leather sandal is that... its leather and classic, theyve tried to save a few quid and if you want full grain uppers you now have to pay £70! no thanks. no give, look and feel cheap due to the vinyl uppers