on 10 June 2013
Haven't had a decent pair of nice sandals in about 3 years, due to my moving back and forth between northern and southern winters, so had been recommended these by my mum and sister for ages. My mum lives in these all year around. I wanted something a little more dressy, yet comfortable, and decided to order these in Black Patent, which are versatile, beautiful and quite sleek. So comfy and easy to walk in from day one! Don't even have to walk them in before use. Also arrived long before the estimated arrival date.
on 6 July 2013
I waited few years before buying those shoes that I always wanted and let me tell you that it was worth the wait! These shoes are very comfortable and I love the colour (black).
I agree with other reviews regarding the size, I took one size smaller than my usual size. And for those who are wondering (like me for a while!) 'N' is for narrow and 'M' is for normal :)
on 16 August 2013
These were my first pair of Birks. Was recommended to buy some from physio after suffering with back probs (apparently you should use Birks instead of slippers!) They are great, comfortable and support your feet. I am a shoe size 7 so i ordered the 7 in normal width and they are perfect. Would definitely recommend especially at Amazon prices :)
on 16 July 2014
I have a new pair - or two! - of these sandals every year. They are just the job for people like me with plantar fasciitis, as they support the foot and ankle in all the right places, whilst allowing a good throughflow of air. I highly recommend this make and model!
on 7 September 2014
This was my first purchase of Gizehs and I dont think I'll buy another pair, I prefer the Madrid style. The shoes are everything that you would expect from Birkenstock and so are comfortable and they look good. I find there is quite a bit of material at the toe post, it covers most of my big toe and feels a little strange. I still havent gotten used to the new sizing, despite also buying a pair of Madrids in the narrow fitting which is now classed as regular, so if you are in at all in doubt as to whether your feet are wide or not I would recommend getting the wide fitting. I dont have wide feet at all but when I first got these I did feel like my feet were hanging over the edge.
on 29 January 2014
Both my wife and I wear Birkenstock shoes. I bought these as a summer gift for my wife and she wears them on every appropriate occasion. The sandals are comfortable, supportive and assist with correct posture. Irreplaceable.
on 8 August 2013
I ordered these sandals to address my need for a supportive, and acceptably attractive, summer shoe. Overall, I feel that the shoes have meet these needs. The foot bed was comfortable from the start and the adjustable strap was very helpful for getting the fit just right. My only caution concerns the toe peg: it's a bit wider than most other sandals I've had and, for me, it has taken some getting used to. But I do have small feet, so suspect this might not be a problem for others!
on 13 September 2011
These sandals are cool & trendy yet timeless. They go with anything and best of all they are great for your feet. Even if you have to use inner sole supports, your feet will love these sandals. The support is great. I can walk all day in them, even though I normally have to wear inner sole supports. This particular style with the T bar creates great comfort & no slipping off your feet like many slip on sandals. The narrow width is particularly useful for those of us with feet which experts describe as "Princess feet"...those long elegant things which weren't made for walking! I wouldn't wear any others. I have tried, but these are just the best. Choice of colours...endless...why stick to one pair?
on 14 May 2012
These sandals help me to be on my feet all day in work and actually comfort my feet at the same time. I work on a Greek island, 10 hours a day, everyday in the summer so these sandals are perfect. If I wear any other footwear I suffer from terrible back pain. The only complaint I believe someone may have is concerning the fact that the Birkenstocks may be a little uncomfortable at first but that is until they have taken the shape of the foot. Then they are the most comfortable sandals that exist.
on 6 February 2013
Very comfy - could wear them all day long. Wore them in humid and hot thailand walking for hours at a time, hardly noticed how far we'd walked