on 7 June 2010
Just a brief bit of advice...

It seems that Amazon UK have sourced the "normal" width Birkenstock children's sandals.

These are phenomenally wide! We had to return the (size 30) sandals immediately, there was a clear finger's width between the side of my daughter's foot and the straps. She usually measures up as an F fitting in Clarks etc, so not exactly unusual.

Having tried some "narrow" fit sandals on the High Street the width was much more typical. However a couple of shoe fitters said that the sculpted sole of the Birkenstocks is not well suited to the growing feet of children, because in no time they are misaligned with the toe bars.

It's a shame because these are great looking shoes which her mum finds very comfortable, but they are not for my young 'un!
on 28 May 2013
I love Birkenstocks and have lots of them myself, my daughter has also had birkenstocks and loved them, and these didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, although my daughter is a size 2.5 and I bought a 3 they were too small. I was expecting them to be too large as Birkenstocks tend to be on the big size, so ordered a 2 and 3 but that wasn't the case. I just wish that these sandals came in adult sizes too as both myself and my daughter would have snapped up a pair!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2015
Absolute excellent value for
Money. Will def
Purchase more in the future for my children.
on 9 July 2013
I bought these birkenstocks for my 5 year old son. He is a size 11.5, F fitting. I originally thought I would try the correct shoe size (EUR 30) but as one reviewer said these were WAY too big. The sizing guide was of little help so I decided to just keep trying until I got it right. Eventually I found that a size 10 (EUR 28) fitted him so now I am a happy mummy and I LOVE these sandals. Was a little disappointed that the price went up whilst I was attempting to find the right shoe size but the ease of ordering and returning and the speed of delivery helped lessen the blow. Have yet to see how my son gets on with them but have high hopes.
on 11 August 2015
I am a massive fan of Birkenstocks and in our family we all have them (myself, husband and now our 3 yr old daughter). These are lovely sandals but I believe that they are not quite true to size as despite being the correct size they are too big and she keeps tripping. Just hope that the sun is still put when they do fit!
on 29 June 2011
These children's Birkenstocks are very big ! my daughter is a size 13 and they looked like ships wen i took them out of box lol gonna try a size 12 see if they fit her.
on 30 May 2015
Beautiful product, perfect for hot summer days (if there were any), but far too large. Little one was measured a 11 on the day I ordered the shoes, but they were 3cm too long. Will try them in a 10 now.
on 5 April 2012
Arived really fast, early infact. my son will not take them off! A really good buy for the warmer weather.
on 20 August 2011
Despite the fact that shoes came with a defect (there was a gap between the sole and the upper side part of the 'leather' that we glued ourselves), my boy loves these sandals. My son's foot is normal (regarding the width) and they fit perfectly well.
I agree with a previous comment, that you have to be aware of the sculpted sole of the Birkenstocks, so the fitting needs to be correct. But if bought in correct size they should be fine for those few warm months.
on 5 June 2010
I bought these for my grandson aged 3. He had some hand-me-down Birkenstocks from his cousin last year and loved them. When he got these he wouldn't take them off. They are comfortable and supportive and lovely to look at. He willgrow out of them long before they show signs of wear if the last ones are anything to go by.